Why go with traditional margaritas when you can mix it up with these unique recipes for your Cinco De Mayo celebration?
Triple Orange Margarita - courtesy of Glam.com
1 1/2 ounce ultra-premium tequila
3/4 ounce Imported GranGala Triple Orange Liqueur
1 ounce freshly squeezed orange juice
1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
1/4 ounce agave nectar (a natural sweetner; you can sub simple syrup to taste)
1 lime wheel
1 orange peel
1. Pour the tequila, orange liqueur, juices, and nectar into an ice-filled shaker.
2. Add the orange peel, shake vigoriously, and strain into a chilled ice-filled glass or chilled margarita glass to serve it “up.”
3. Garnish with a lime wheel and the orange peel.
Pomegranate Margarita - a great group recipe, courtesy of Southern Living
6 cups white tequila
12 cups water
4 cups cranberry juice cocktail
2 cups pomegranate juice
1 1/2 cups Triple Sec
2 (10-ounce) cans frozen margarita mix, thawed
2 (11.5-ounce) cans frozen cranberry juice cocktail, thawed and undiluted
2 (12-ounce) cans frozen limeade concentrate, thawed and undiluted
Light corn syrup
Coarse sparkling sugar
1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a very large plastic container. Cover and freeze at least 24 hours or until slushy.
2. Pour a small amount of corn syrup onto a flat plate. Pour coarse sugar onto another plate. Dip rims of margarita glasses in corn syrup; dip each glass into sugar.
3. Pour margaritas into prepared glasses.
Pineapple Margarita - courtesy of High Octane Blenders.com
1 1/4 ounces tequila
3/4 ounce triple sec
1 1/2 ounces pineapple juice
1 ounce lime juice
1 ounce sweet-and-sour mix
1/3 cup pineapple chunk, frozen
2 cups crushed ice
1. Rub rim of margarita glass with lime wedge and dip in granulated sugar.
2. Combine ingredients into mixer until smooth.
3. Garnish with a speared pineapple chunk and cherry.
Blue Margarita - recipe courtesy of Southern Living
1 (10-ounce) can frozen margarita mix
3/4 cup tequila
1/4 cup blue curaçao liqueur
2 tablespoons lime juice
1. Rub rim of margarita glass with lime then dip in salt.
2. Combine all ingredients in a blender. Fill with ice to 5-cup level, and process until smooth. Serve immediately.
Labels: drinks, summer celebrations