We Go Wednesday - Oregon Garden Resort

For my birthday/Mother's Day combo a great group of girlfriends and I spent the weekend at the Oregon Garden Resort in Silverton. The weather was perfect, and wouldn't you know it turned cloudy and chilly on Sunday. The spa was AMAZING, I did a body scrub, body wrap and massage. I'm not ashamed to say I dozed off a little, and actually woke up myself snoring a bit. It's OK, my girl said it happens all the time.

We spent one evening in town, it's a quiet, small town, and I like that. In fact, there were signs up about "DON'T BEAVERTIZE SILVERTON" because I guess their neighbor city Beaverton has like Wal-marts and stuff. I totally understand that, since I hate Wal-mart. I just about died and went to heaven in the Thai restaurant we had dinner at, and A was sniffing next to me the whole time, her food was so spicy!

Our hotel package included a few meals in the restaurant which overlooks part of the garden area, which is actually 85 acres of cultivated gardens including a 35 year old reclaimed conifer forest. The food was phenomenal, except the service sucked so bad. There was like 1 waitress for the entire restaurant, and since it is the only place to eat, kinda makes it a busy location. I mean, not even getting water, crying waitresses, botched orders, a hair or two. But I was on vacay, so it's all good. Look at me turning into Fodor's....no more talking. Here are just a few of the many amazing garden spots there... Oregon Garden Resort bosqueMy favoritest place, the Bosque has four brick reflecting ponds and 40 planter boxes, each planted with a single Pacific Sunset Maple. So quiet and serene...Oregon Garden Resort waterfall 2
Oregon Garden Resort waterfallOregon Garden Resort fountain wall
Oregon Garden Resort koi pondI heart koi....
Oregon Garden Resort dogwoods in bloomDogwoods in bloom.... Oregon Garden Resort gianormous potsRidiculously enormous pots and a back view of the conifer forest....
Oregon Garden Resort rose petal gardenIn front of the rose petal garden....

Labels: , ,