Drink Of The Week - Limy Lizard

Limy Lizard cocktailSometimes in my adoration of Martha and Sandra Lee, I have blinders on and miss out on their fast-approaching competition.

For those of you who know about the Phyllis Hoffman Celebrate magazines, my bad. I've somehow missed her entire line of seasonal celebratory tomes, and her new Halloween one is out, with a stunner of a chocolate and pistachio-layered cake with ganache icing on the cover.

A quick peruse allowed me to justify paying the $7.99 cover price (and that the purchase goes towards my gas rewards), and I would advise you to do the same. It's chock full of pictures, recipes and all things needed to planning the ultimate spooky bash this year.

Her article devoted to creative and easy drinks helps to start off my Halloween D.O.W. series. Recipe serves 1.

1/2 cup lime sherbet
1/2 cup uncarbonated sweetened lime drink
3/4 cup lemon-lime soda

1. Place sherbet into a chilled glass, our lime drink over sherbet, and top with lemon-lime soda. Serve immediately.

Note - 1 1/4 ounce of lime-flavored rum may be added to this drink if desired

Labels: ,