Fiesta Friday/Real Party - Monster Mash Bash

Monster Mash Bash pennantSo, last year's Mad Scientist's Lab Halloween party was a bit much, so I've decided to alternate my holiday parties, so this year small Halloween party, big Christmas party. I fell in love with Target's Monster Mash line, so I let that be my inspiration.

Monster Mash Bash room
monster mash Bash centerpiece

Monster Mash Bash monster fingers

Monster Mash Bash party bags
You know I love to decorate paper bags. These are filled with themed pencils, glowsticks, vials filled with gummy body parts and these comp books (clearanced for dirt cheap after the Back-To-School rush) I covered with scrapbook paper.


These fun monster pillows from Oriental Trading make new friends, especially inspiring while watching Pixar's Monsters, Inc.

Monster Mash Bash pillow table
Monster Mash Bash pillows
How cute are these eggs? Perfect for our Monster Egg Hunt!

Monster Mash Bash monster eggs
Monster Mash Bash egg hunt



And the party couldn't be complete without making monster cupcakes!

Monster Mash Bash slime
We also made our infamous Monster Slime, although once again, no damn pictures because it gets pretty messy, and I'm am the Slime Control Supervisor. That just means I'm too busy making sure everyone's slime comes out right because I'm adding the borax solution to each bowl. Too much makes a gooey mess, so all I have to show is the end result...

Monster Mash Bash piped cupcakes
Monster Mash Bash trick or treat bag
Monster Mash Bash eyeball cookiesFor my second Monster Mash Bash, we made monster trick or treat bags. I made the cupcakes instead, and needed something to do with all the frosting, so I covered cookie balls and made these cute Monster Eyeball Cookies. Come back for my next Tuesday Tutorial and I'll clue you on how to make them, they are perfect as a last-minute party treat!

Need more monster party inspiration? Check out an easy daytime party idea with Lunch at Monsters University, and Monster Bash.

Labels: , , ,