Real Party Sneak Peek - Pilgrim Hats and Ugly Sweaters

Yeah, I've been a bit slacky on the blog lately; I've just been super busy hitting up all the fabulous Christmas stores getting inspiration and trinkets for this year's Ugly Sweater Christmas party and prepping for two harvest-themed parties this week. I was a marshmellow-chocolate-dunking fool for these Pilgrim hats that are going to become cupcake toppers...Pilgrim hat treatsAnd speaking of Pilgrim hats, I thought I would share our Thanksgiving placecards that we made last year...Pilgrim hat placecardI pre-painted clay pots black, and everyone painted the band color and added the paper buckles and a black craft foam brim. After they dried, I wrote our names on with a Sharpie marker. Super easy to make and so much fun, you could have guests decorate theirs own early in the day, giving them plenty of time to dry before the meal.

And speaking of guests, how excited was I when my box with....Yum Box Christmas invites 2my fab party invites arrived! They are Yum Boxes, and I just had to have them. I ordered them from my favorite party spot, Plum Party, during their 75% off sale, and I got free shipping! They came with peppermint candies, but they looked kinda old, so I switched them out with snowflake confetti. I was going to do a sweater die-cut with knit material, but wouldn't you rather receive this?Yum Box Christmas invite

Labels: , , ,