Having an Oscar-viewing party? Get ooh's and aah's when you serve a cocktail inspired by a Best Picture nominee...
Avatar; Cool Blue Martini, courtesy of Epicurious, serves 2
3 oz gin or vodka
1/2 oz dry vermouth
1 teaspoon blue Curaçao
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, strained
garnish: 2 lemon twists
1. Combine all liquids in an ice-filled cocktail shaker with ice, strain into 2 Martini glasses and garnish with twists.District Nine; Alien Cooler, courtesy of Mass Live
1 1/2 oz julienned cucumber
1 1/4 oz premium vodka
3/4 oz Veev ( or other acai berry liquer)
3/4 oz lime juice
3/4 oz simple syrup
garnish: cucumber slice
1. Place the julienned cucumber in a 10-ounce tall, narrow tumbler.
2. Add ice, vodka, Veev, lime juice and simple syrup then fill the glass with club soda.
3. Stir to mix, then garnish with a cucumber slice on edge of glassInglorious Basterds; Lady In Red, courtesy of Mass Live
1/2 oz pomegranate juice
1/2 oz lemon juice
1/2 oz simple syrup
2 oz Remy Martin VSOP
1 oz Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur
garnish: candied ginger and pomegranate seeds
1. In a liquid measuring cup, stir together the pomegranate juice, lemon juice and simple syrup. Measure out 1 ounce of this mixture, then reserve the rest for another use.
2. In an ice-filled cocktail shaker, add the 1 ounce of pomegranate-lemon syrup, Remy Martin VSOP and the ginger liqueur.
3. Shake, then strain into a martini glass. Garnish with a slice of candied ginger and several pomegranate seeds.Up; Celebration Ice-cream Float, courtesy of Mass Live
Italian sparkling water
1/4 oz orange syrup (such as Torani)
vanilla ice cream
1. Fill a tall glass with sparkling water and the orange syrup.
2. Mix, then stir 1 teaspoon of the ice cream into the soda until frothy. Gently top the soda with a scoop of ice cream.Up In The Air; The Aviation, courtesy of Mass Live
1 1/2 oz gin
1/2 oz maraschino liqueur
1/3 oz blue curacao
3/4 oz lemon juice
1/4 oz simple syrup
garnish: lemon peel
1. In an ice-filled cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine all liquids.
2. Shake well, then strain into a chilled martini glass; twist a lemon peel over the surface of the drink to add a few drops of lemon oil.
Labels: drinks, tv/movies, winter celebrations