We Read Wednesday - Wishful Drinking

Wishful DrinkingI like to read. I don't get to very often, not anything deeper than Entertainment Weekly. Now that the boy is in swim lessons, I can get a little quiet time while waiting. On my list of reads, Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher. Yes, Princess Leia.

But she is also an accomplished author, you may remember from back in the day the movie Postcards From The Edge, with Meryl Streep and Shirley MacLaine? Just turn on Lifetime, I'm sure it will be on. Anyways, that movie was based on her semi-autobiographical book. Did you know she's the product of famous parents, when her dad left her mom for an even bigger star? Kinda like if Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston had a kid first...

It's the book cover that caught my eye first, but who knew Carrie Fisher was funny as an author? I mean she plays bitter perfect, remember When Harry Met Sally? Now that I've finally finished the book I see why. She tells her story of being a bipolar alcoholic, electroshock treatment, famous husbands including one who left her for a man, a friend dying at her house, not being able to wear a bra in Star Wars, and living next door to her mother. I would tell you more, but it would spoil the fun.

Labels: ,