DEAR READERS AND NEW VISITORS....MY BLOG IS HAVING A FEW TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES,THE CIRCLE WITH THE DASH WHERE A PHOTO SHOULD BE. I AM SLOWLY GOING BACK RELOADING THEM!

3.13.2010

Real Party - Kiss Me, I'm Irish!

It started when I spied these plates at Michael's a few weeks ago....Kiss Me I'm Irish plateValentine's Day stuff was on clearance, and that's when the wheels started turning...since both Easter and April Fool's is during our Spring Break, we had to have a 'Kiss Me, I'm Irish!' St. Paddy's Day playdate. I could get some sweet deals on anything 'kissy'! Plus, I have this great rainbow material that I knew would make a perfect tablecloth.

Remember my post on rainbow pasta and pom-poms? Here's what we did...Kiss Me I'm Irish poms
Kiss Me I'm Irish rainbow pasta

Kiss Me I'm Irish colored noodles 2
Kiss me I'm Irish colored noodlesWe made rainbow clings! The kids had so much fun, and everyone really focused on making them very pretty. In fact, even those who are notorious for not doing crafts were completely engrossed.
Oh yes, rainbow kabobs! I always try to somehow balance out the sugar rush.
Kiss Me I'm Irish cupcakes
Kiss Me I'm Irish cookies
Kiss Me I'm Irish cupcakes cookiesI got a bargain deal for the lip cookie cutter and candy mold. I couldn't wait to make the cookies and the candy lip cupcake toppers. Some of the kids couldn't believe the toppers were edible and thought they were plastic, until they bit into them!

Kiss Me I'm Irish party favors
Another Valentine's Day score...gummy lips and green M&Ms along with extra cookies went home with our friends! I made the stickers from both TomKat Studios and Cupcake Wishes & Birthday Dreams downloads. Thanks to all our friends who came and the poor moms who had to take home very sugared up kids!

mmm button

14 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the goody bags and the lips cupcakes! Very original!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE the rainbow pasta!!!
    What a fun time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute playdate! :) This post came at the perfect time! I'm hosting playgroup next month and knew I wanted some sort of St. Patty's theme. Thanks for sharing! I will be checking out my Michaels for those cute plates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh goodness those cupcakes are too cute! I am sharing them on my blog. Thanks!
    Christine
    greatoakcircle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable cupcakes. I saw them when Christine at greatoakcircle.com posted your link. I love them. Your party looked so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute party :) Thanks for linking up to MMM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you share details on the rainbow craft? Where did you get all the colored pastas?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous - If you click on the link 'rainbow pasta and pom poms' right above the light fixture photo it will take you to the post on the tute I found, it involves rubbing alcohol and food coloring so it's inedible!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would you please send me the recipe you used for the lips that you put on your cupcakes. I am on a mission to find a lip mold today because I really want to make some of your cupcakes. shawrianna.wolfley@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you are entering a giveaway, if you don't have an email available in your profile, please leave it in your comment.