Tuesday Trend - April Fool's Treats

FamilyFun prank foodWith April Fool's on Thursday, here are some very cool ways to have a little fun and make some very tasty treats. I just heart FamilyFun, I wait each month for the latest mag, they have so many fun and creative ideas I can't wait to use. Check out their amazing gallery of food pranks; Fakin' and Eggs, Fauxberry Pie, and Faked Potato are just a few of my favorite. They even have a fake candy wrapper you can download!
Food Network not food collageCheck out Food Network's very inspired treats; the bagel with lox and cream cheese is actually a cake doughnut and other sweet treats, fried ice-cream and white chocolate sauce perfectly mimics crab cakes with tartar sauce, and a banana pudding cake disguises itself as lasagna.
donut cake panI.Need.To.Own.This.Giant.Donut.Cake.Pan.
candy nachosCheck out the nachos from I Eat Yucky Stuff ; flour tortillas are baked with cinnamon and sugar, and then topped with candied cherries, mini chocolate chips, grated fresh mango, and condensed milk.

Need more inspiration? Check out my (Not) Food For Thought post.

Nonpareil magazine body dessert tableAnd speaking of stuff that looks like food, I just had to share this absolutely amazing spread from one of my favorite crushes, Nonpareil Magazine. I've blogged about them before, their pictures are breathtaking, and although they are wedding-centric, just about all of their ideas are adaptable for any party. Case in point, check out their spin on the always-hot dessert table, using bath and body goodies instead. Yes, you are thinking wedding shower, but how about a GNO, Sweet Sixteen, baby shower/sprinkle, fundraising for a Pink Party.... They have graciously shared all their fab tips and downloads for the printables, I'm swooning!

Labels: , ,