4456ab62684ae17244d576b2248ea70ce95c1b08c858edf677 Fiesta Friday/Real Party - De Plane! De Plane! | Not Just A Mommy
DEAR READERS AND NEW VISITORS....MY BLOG IS HAVING A FEW TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES,THE CIRCLE WITH THE DASH WHERE A PHOTO SHOULD BE. I AM SLOWLY GOING BACK RELOADING THEM!

4.02.2010

Fiesta Friday/Real Party - De Plane! De Plane!

Airplane dessert tableThe airplane party, third in the series, for my friend's 2 year old was a smashing success! With an extremely tight budget, I really had to keep an eye out for as many money-savers as possible, which is my party motto, plan, plan, plan! Mom designed the red airplane logo that was on the invite and it became our running motif, I wanted to use it everywhere!

The cake was a little 'off', as the designer (who did an amazing job!!!) didn't get the memo that we wanted red planes. fighter pilot cakeThat's OK, the birthday boy was wearing a flight suit that Daddy found in San Diego that we just had to have....flight suitSo back to the party...I scored on packets of tissue for super cheap, and we fluffed and hung up a ton of tissue poms for the bestest clouds...not a pretty shot, but you get the idea.
airplane party pom clouds
airplane dessert table 2airplane dessert table sign The 'First Class' dessert table was a hit with the kids...who can resist building an ice-cream sundae with a huge slab of chocolate cake? They also loved the propeller pops...yes, I made the propellers from melted chocolate and mini M&Ms.

The biplanes are wooden birdhouses I found at Michael's and painted myself. I've been crushing over paper straws and then I won a set of blue ones. I've been dying to use them, but knew they wouldn't be fully appreciated for drinking, so they totally became signage.

Who knew IKEA carried material? Um, not me, since I was there to find containers and totally by accident found the diamond-patterned duck cloth (ridiculously cheap at 3.99/yard!!!) that became our table cover.propeller popspropeller pops 2airplane party dessert table signsToppings included 'Captain's Chips', 'Bomber Bears', 'Candy Cargo' and 'Cessna Crumbles'; labels were a total score as a download from Eat.Drink.Chic.

The lunch counter was decorated like an airport runway...butcher paper is so my friend. The kids' meals were served in the clear containers while the adults grabbed sandwiches and personalized water bottles. Where did I find the containers? Oh yes, the Dollar Store.airplane party lunch counterairplane party lunch counter water bottlesOf course there was a craft; guests painted wooden biplanes, another Michael's score for a $1 each.We also had a photo op set up; everyone took photos for their pilot's license...duh, you can't fly a plane without one! Here are some of the best ones...
airplane party photo opairplane party photo op 2airplane party photo op 3Guests picked up their party favors from Baggage Claim: the candy cloud airplanes treat board is inspired by the great Amy Atlas, a toy airplane, airplane stickers and containers of homemade playdough complete with an airplane cookie cutter.airplane party baggage claimairplane party baggage claim 2airplane party baggage claim 3Thanks again R for letting me run with my madness, and see you for his 3rd birthday!

21 comments:

  1. Wow!
    Amazing details!!!!
    Your didn't miss anything! I LOVED the Baggage claim, and propeller pops!!
    That is a "First Class" party for sure!
    Good job "Fy Girl"!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI there,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and yes, you may feature the party here. I didn't share a lot of the details of the invites and other decor, and we have tons of other pictures from the event, so if you'd like more info about it just let me know!
    Happy Easter!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, I love the title of this post...I can just hear Tatoo now!
    Secondly, you have outdone yourself! There are so many CUTE details! Love the hanging "clouds", the sky backdrop with red planes, the marshmallow pops, mini suitcases....soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. seriously, the cutest! love, love, love all your details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you did a great job! I love those propeller pops and the pilot's license photos. It's all so cute and looks like you worked hard on all the details.

    I will try to feature it next week on my blog.

    Susan
    http://entertainexchange.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for joining the Celebration Party! This is simply an adorable party {every single detail is super cute!} Love the license photo prop and the propeller pops - so creative and clever! Thanks for sharing - You did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi dawn - I am featuring your party tomorrow. Stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Thanks so much for joing the Celebration Party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dawn - this is beyond good. Beyond great. Just BEYOND. I'll definitely have to share this on Stem next week. You're gonna inspire a lot of people with this one, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  9. FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! Every little creative detail makes me smile. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazing! Love it! I was wondering if you would mind sharing where you got the toy airplanes and cookie cutters.
    Jessi
    jess419@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your party! I used the pilot's license idea and it was a huge hit at our kiddo's airplane party: http://domesticwormhole.wordpress.com/2010/05/12/an-airplane-party-for-tea-at-3/
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!! Soo many amazing details!! I'm in awe!!

    I love the pom poms, the photo "frame", the little sweet treats and favor bags...ALL looks stunning and the attention to detail is really awesome!!

    Thanks for linking up another great post!

    Hugs,
    Bird

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI!!

    I've featured this awesome party today!! :)

    Thanks again for linking up!

    Love,
    Bird

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really cute! Love all the details and so budget friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these details...

    Where did you find those suite cases though?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous - I found the suitcases at Pottery Barn Kids

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this party. I am wondering how you made the propeller from chocolate. Did you have a mold? If so where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amanda - I have an easy tutorial for the propellers http://dawnypoo.blogspot.com/2011/01/tuesday-tutorial-on-monday-marshmallow.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW. I'm from South Africa, my son loves planes and he would just love having a party like this. His Grandparents builded him a merry-go-round plane and helicopter out of an old fridge motor and old scrap metals. He's turning 3 in March 2012 and I know that a plane theme would just be the thing! Joanita Tonks (jlo.tonks@hotmail.co.za)

    ReplyDelete
  20. loove it!!!!! im taking your ideas for my sons birthday in 3 weeks! Where did you find the airplanes to decorate? and what paint did you use?
    sarah
    mybabywishlist.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome party, and those pilot licenses...ha ha....so so cute!! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you are entering a giveaway, if you don't have an email available in your profile, please leave it in your comment.