4456ab62684ae17244d576b2248ea70ce95c1b08c858edf677 Tuesday Tutorial - Gumball Flower Bouquets | Not Just A Mommy
DEAR READERS AND NEW VISITORS....MY BLOG IS HAVING A FEW TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES,THE TRIANGLE WHERE A PHOTO SHOULD BE. I AM SLOWLY GOING BACK RELOADING THEM!

6.08.2010

Tuesday Tutorial - Gumball Flower Bouquets

OK, so today I was supposed to share a tutorial on how to make the paper tissue lollipops from Fiesta Friday. I promise I will get that up. But I was sidetracked because the boy is celebrating his summer birthday at school this week and I had to make 24 of these...
gumball flower bouquet
gumball flowerUh-huh...cute right? I've been waiting for a reason to make these, I'm trying to keep my projects down to ones I'm going to actually use, I'm getting too sidetracked and poorly managing my party time, a.k.a. staying up way too late.

I can't take any credit for coming up with them, this fabulousness is all from Ruffled.

I didn't have the clear rubber bands, but scads of ribbon, so that's what I tied mine with, and matched everything. 'Cuz I'm insane like that.

What you’ll need (per flower):
1 plastic balloon stick (I ordered mine from Oriental Trading)
1 clear elastic band or ribbon to match
7 small gumballs
1 large gumball
1 cellophane cut into circle shape (check the gift wrap section of your dollar store for cellophane gift wrap)

For the life of me, I couldn't keep the smaller gumballs from rolling around when I tried to balance them around the larger gumball in the balloon stick's cup and wrap with cellophane, per the tutorial. I'm slow like that. So I assembled them upside down to their tutorial...

1. Place the cellophane circle in a small, shallow bowl. Nope, a plate won't work, gumballs like to roll.

2. Place the large gumball in the center of the cellophane circle, then surround the gumball with the smaller gumballs.

3. Set the balloon stick cup on top, then gather the cellophane around gumballs and secure at base of the balloon stick with your clear elastic band or ribbon.

Ta-da!

24 comments:

  1. This is so cute - what an awesome party favor idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O...M...G... (oh my gumball!)I ADORE these...Have to make them now. SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loove these!! wish I'd seen them before!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg! I love these!!! Wish I had seen them before my girl's bday party!!! thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! What great little favors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous!! Must make those for my daughter's party in a couple of weeks, THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are sooo cute! One question, it looks like the size of the "small" gumballs are the size that you get out of a quarter gumball machine...is that correct? Thanks so much for advice :)
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi ctemommy, hmm...I think the quarter gumballs are the size for the 'large' gumball. Mine were clearanced at Target, they are Double Bubble, which I see the $1 boxes just about everywhere, and the large ones were in the bulk section at the grocery store. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh I've actually made those exact same things with jelly sweets!! :)

    Great minds think alike?!! :D

    Thanks again for linking up!!

    Hugs,
    Bird

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Not Just A Mommy for your quick reply and help...the gumballs just look larger in the pics :)
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the cutest idea! Your blog is fabulous. You've got a new fan for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so welcome. These are just adorable! I wish I had time to make some up in red white and blue for my grandkids this weekend. I do see where one of my friends is going to make them with her children. She is so crafty too! :)LOVE LOVE LOVE Your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here's a question, when you unwrap these do the gumballs fall all over? In other words, there is nothing to secure the gumballs to the stick, right?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dawn, you should soooo post this as a "tutorial" on CPN new Library! It's a great one... one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are AWESOME, book marking right now for my daughter's 5's b-day. She has not had gum yet, we have told she had to wait until 5yrs, so these are going to be perfect!

    Amy

    OH ps, you had commented on my son paper airplane party on catch my party, you are more then welcome to share! If you could just link back to my blog www.buggieandjellybean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can you tell me what size gumballs you used? I am placing an order for them. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So VERY cute!!! You are a genius to think of using the bowl to gather them in the stick!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would like to make about a dozen or two of these for my daughter's wedding for her candy station. Can you tell me what size balloon base you used (cup). I am seeing small and large with the small being 1 inch. Would the 1 inch small hold the large gumball and still allow a little bit of lip for the smaller ones to rest on to keep them in place?

    Karyn
    millersflipflops@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great Party Favors, These could be the winner in my search! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  20. Girl, these are too cute! I'm using these on my next candy buffet....Love It!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thinking of mking these for the kids at church for mother's day....however I think I will use just a bit of melted white chocolate to secure the small gumball to the larger gumball.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you are entering a giveaway, if you don't have an email available in your profile, please leave it in your comment.