DEAR READERS AND NEW VISITORS....MY BLOG IS HAVING A FEW TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES,THE CIRCLE WITH THE DASH WHERE A PHOTO SHOULD BE. I AM SLOWLY GOING BACK RELOADING THEM!

7.02.2010

Real Party/Fiesta Friday - Ka-chow! Cars Party

cars party bannerI am insane, to have thrown 2 parties, 2 weekends in a row. Since their birthdays are a week apart, with the little one's on Fourth Of July, I bumped everything back by a week. This past weekend, I figured the little one's party being at home would be easier...yeah right. His current obsession....cars, both toy and movie.
The decor...inside, plastic plates spray painted silver to resemble rims....and lots of racing flags.
cars party decorOutside where the party tables were set up, more party flags, lanterns, and fuzzy dice. They were a bit time consuming wrapping all the foam squares but totally worth it!In each corner, the infamous trophies from our soccer party atop free boxes from an auto supply store.
cars party tableThe party table...nope, can't get away from the tissue poms, super cheap and easy to make, and you can disassemble them flat and store away. Yes, these are coming back out in the near future. Missing are the chicken nuggets for the polka-dot plate, once those were out, the kids descended, I think they were a little hungry.

The munchies...cheesy wheelies on an unfinished wood sign I painted myself...cars party cheesy wheelies cars party donut tiresLuigi's House of Tires AKA chocolate donuts...cars party apple cars The apple car racers were my favorite...
cars party apple cars...and I had to show what they were on...another sign I painted myself.cars party dipsticks...carrot and celery dipsticks...cars party drink bottlesSo the only dad there pointed out that radiator fluid isn't blue...duh! I totally meant to say antifreeze. Hello pretty paper straws...I couldn't wait to use them.Chocolate cupcakes with lemon frosting...mmmm...and served with what else, Rocky Road ice-cream. Special shout-out to Parties By Hardie, I won her printable pack and part of all the fabulous personalized downloads were these tags I used for cupcake toppers as well as the water bottle labels.A quiet moment while eating.

Besides watching Disney's Cars and playing with the hundreds of toy cars he has...and going on an car-egg hunt, I kept little fingers busy with painting racecars...they were so intense!cars party paintingMaking license plates......and getting tattoos at Ramone's House Of Body Art.cars party candy barA little candy buffet table, fill 'er up! Mini gable boxes, courtesy of Beau-coup.
A great day by everyone and look at that face, it's priceless! Happy birthday sweet pea, I can't believe you are almost 6!

22 comments:

  1. ok..the apple/grape cars?? TOO CUTE!
    And I love the donut 'tires'. Great job!! & happy happy to the little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, what a great party!! My boys would be so jealous =)

    Lily
    http://bilslandfamily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously love the "stoplight" lanterns and the cupcake tags are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Following from New Friend Friday, love the candy fill up station!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOTS of good ideas here! Love the apple & grape cars, love the stacked "tires", adorable cupcake toppers, great activities!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn, you are so darn creative!!! As always... love everything ... but especially the donut tires and the apple race cars!!! I too have ordered from Parties by Hardie and I recognized her car party pack right away! (As I mentioned before, I secretly long to throw a car/truck party complete w/ traffic cones and now race car apples and donut tires!) BTW, your birthday boy is so handsome! Glad he and everyone had a great birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun party! I love all the little touches you did like the apple cars. The details make the difference and look like they were well worth the effort. :)

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! So many incredibly fabulous details! The snacks are da bomb!!! Plus, I'm LOVING the cool crafts! BROVO superchick! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such fun party decorations! I love what you did with the food -- so creative and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so creative!!! love everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooooh so many fun and "steal-able" ideas! :D

    LOVE the drinking fluids, the plates on the wall and those dice and banners!! They really made it, I think!!

    My son would die for a party like this!!

    Thanks for linking up!!

    Love,
    Bird

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!!! So many incredibly fabulous details! The snacks are da bomb!!! Plus, I'm LOVING the cool crafts! BROVO superchick! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you really put a lot into this party! Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Clever clogs! How fun was this party? I love the Luigi's Tire place and the "rims" on the walls. The fruity apple racers were pretty dang cute as well! Your hard work totally paid off- the kids look like they had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi: Again love your work. Where did you order your paper products from? And the straws? Too cute!!
    Do you have a software that you like to use for water bottle labels?

    ReplyDelete
  16. So adorable~ I love the stop light cups!

    Thanks so much for sharing;o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very very cute!!! How did you get the house of tires to stand up? are they on a skewer? how did you get the skewer to stand up? Also, where did you get the orange cones? Love the fruit cars.

    we are having a cars themed party this weekend, so i'll for sure be using some of your ideas.

    thanks!
    alisonnay at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. So adorable! there are so many little details I love. LOVE the apple slice cars! and I really love the oil boxes used under the flowers. Pure genius!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many fun details! Love the liquid! (who knows what color radiator fluid is anyway?)Great party!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi! I know you did this party several years ago but I love the wood car painting activity. Can you remember where you got them?
    Thanks! Hillary hbleecker(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you are entering a giveaway, if you don't have an email available in your profile, please leave it in your comment.