Tuesday Tutorial - Homemade Finger Paints And A Sneak Peek

This weekend with the rain coming down, the boys and I worked on a few projects. One of them is on the back of our Kid Concoctions concentrated liquid water color packet. I knew about them from awhile back since it's what we colored our homemade slime . They were clearancing out at Michael's so I snatched up a few more. We were going to make the sidewalk paint as well, but I figured no point since they won't get to use them anytime soon...another post for another day.

Bathtub Finger Paints
1/4 cup baby wash
1 tbs. cornstarch
your choice of liquid water color
some Popsicle sticks or plastic spoons for stirring
Disregard those cute shot glasses...I'll tell you later.
1. Add the baby wash with the cornstarch...2. Oh yeah, the recipe doesn't tell you it will start bubbling up and consequently bubble over the edge of the shot glass cups you thought would make a cute favor idea, therefore....3. Pour into a bigger bowl, then stir to mix.4. Stir in 4-6 drops of liquid color.Voila! Add to two kids in a bathtub full of water and enjoy. Be prepared for tons of bubbles!Another project I'm working on is for our Back To School Party, these adorable milk carton favor boxes from Paper Crave via The Sweetest Occasion. I've been sitting waiting for a reason to make them, and I'm glad I started them now, they are a little time consuming but totally worth it! I'm going to add a small bag of either alphabet cookies from Trader Joe's or gummy letters from the whole food store. I can't wait to see what a bunch of them look like!

Labels: , ,