Drink Of The Week - Spooky Rum Cooler

spooky rum coolerI fell off the Halloween posting wagon for a bit, after all I'm in the middle of designing two parties, PTSA stuff, appointments, basically life. I promise I will try to be better, I hate to break my promises.

I hope this creepy cocktail from the latest Everyday Food makes it all better! Serves 1

1 ounce light rum
1 ounce dark rum
1/4 cup 100% pomegranate juice
3 tablespoons simple syrup
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
lime wedge
garnish: black sanding sugar, licorice spider (directions follow)

1. Spread the sanding sugar on a saucer. Rub the lime wedge around the edge of a glass and rim in the sanding sugar.

2. Add ice to the glass, then fill a cocktail shaker with more ice.

3. Add the lime juice, the light rum, simple syrup and pomegranate juice. Shake for 30 seconds and strain into the glass, leaving space at the top.

4. Gently pour in the dark rum so it floats on top. Garnish with the licorice spider tied to a stirrer.

And how clever is this spider?licorice spider

Labels: ,