Bakerella Book Signing AKA My Brush With Celebrity

my Bakerella Book Signing Seattle 3I've had brushes with celebrity before. I used to live near LA and I've met Melanie Griffiths in the bathroom at The Grove. The school my step-daughter went to had many a celebrity kid going there; her best friend was Michelle Pfieffer's daughter. My mother's best friend is married to Kobe Bryant's uncle. I've erroneously claimed to know Oprah. Damn it, she WILL call me back one day. Hell, someone once thought I was Tyra Banks.
my Bakerella Book signing Seattle 2
I'm not all googly-eyed and squeal when I've had encounters.
my Bakerella Book signing Seattle
Until last Wednesday.

When I met Bakerella, a.k.a. Angie Dudley, at her whirlwind book-signing tour. I was totally sweating to get there early enough because I knew the line would be out the door and down the street. I was number 9. Yes! They wouldn't let us keep the tag.

BTW, this picture is up on her blogsite with a sweet shout-out. She signed my book AND my print of my apple cake pops. She thought they were cool, and so did everyone else. I'm sooooooooooooo glad I just had my hair did and I wasn't sweating too profusely.

Yes. I know. I don't get many cool opportunities and I'm squeezing this down to the last drop.

Do you know who I really squeaked with and was a totally spazz ? Carrie of Bella Cupcakes Couture. She was tweeting she was there and I'm all tweeting 'I'm here too! I'm the crazy black lady up front.' And SHE CAME AND FOUND ME.

She and Not Martha (eek!!!) and CakeSpy (gasp!!!) were going out for cupcakes later, to the newest Cupcake Royale which was an old IHOP. Damn it. I had to be home for the kids after school. I was all trying to keep it cool and not take a picture with her. In actuality, I was so flustered I forgot. That's ok, there is another event coming up she'll be at, and I'm all over it.

So Angie, if you are reading this, thank you for letting me gush over you and if you write another book, which I know you will, you know where I'll be.

Labels: ,