Drink Of The Week - Musselman's Hot Mulled Cider Review

Today I'm sharing a very special D.O.W., a review of Musselman's hot mulled cider. I received a gallon of Musselman's Fresh Pressed Cider and the recipe that I served at a recent dinner party.

Adding it to my crockpot along with the rest of the ingredients...

3 cinnamon sticks
1 tbsp whole cloves
1 tsp whole allspice
cheesecloth* (if you don't have cheesecloth on hand, use a tea ball or a coffee filter)

FYI - I bet you didn't know that in the Hispanic section of most grocery stores they sell spices WAY cheaper than the ones in the baking aisle. For example, a jar of whole cloves was nearly $5 while the bag (way more than I needed) I purchased was .84 at Wal-Mart. I know, right?

1. Since I didn't have any cheesecloth, I used a coffee filter to wrap the whole cloves and whole allspice in and tied closed with baker's twine.
2. I had my crockpot on high until it started to boil, then lower the setting to simmer, stirring occasionally.
3. If you leave the pot uncovered, you and your family can enjoy the warm, delicious aroma.

4. Since we had the kids present, we couldn't do this, but you can add a splash of rum or brandy when serving to make a festive adult beverage.
Overall, we really liked it! I didn't know my crockpot had a 'lava' setting because it took a long time for everyone's servings to cool to really enjoy it! We gave it two thumbs up!

Check out their other great recipes and stay tuned, I'll be sharing a few more with you.

Disclaimer - I was provided the Musselman's samples with no compensation, real or implied, and purchased all needed supplies with my own funds.

Labels: , , ,