I've two more absolutely amazing recipes from SKYY vodka, one you drink and one you eat, yum-o! I thought they would be perfect for Thanksgiving, and perhaps can help you through the pain of family gatherings? I'm kidding, we LOVE our families! Both recipes courtesy of SKYY.
SKYY Citrus Winter Warmer - serves 1
1.5 oz SKYY Infusions citrus
0.5 oz agave nectar
4 oz hot water
1 cinnamon stick
1 pat unsalted butter (just under a tablespoon)
garnish: grated nutmeg
1. Combine all ingredients into a large mug, topping the liquid with hot water last.
2. Stir, grate nutmeg over top and let steep for a couple minutes before serving.
Rustic Apple Tarts Infused with SKYY Infusions Ginger - serves 4
1 tbsp SKYY Infusions Ginger
1/3 cup and 0.5 tablespoon Sugar
1/2 cup apple cider or apple juice
1 tbsp. cider vinegar
1 lb. small gala apples (about 4; left unpeeled)
1 frozen puff pastry sheet (from a 17 1/4-oz package), thawed
3 tbsp. unsalted butter
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Cook 1/3 cup sugar in a dry, 10-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat, undisturbed, until it begins to melt. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally with a fork, until sugar is melted into a pale golden caramel.
2. Tilt skillet and carefully pour in cider and vinegar (caramel will harden and steam vigorously). Simmer over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until caramel is dissolved.
3. While syrup simmers, cut apples into 1/8-inch-thick slices. Add apple slices to hot syrup in skillet, gently tossing to coat. Remove from heat and let stand, stirring occasionally, until apples are wilted by syrup, 5 to 10 minutes.
4. While apples stand, roll out puff pastry sheet into a 12-inch square on a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin. Cut into quarters, forming 4 (6-inch) squares and brush off excess flour from both sides.
5. Transfer squares to a large, shallow baking pan, overlapping if necessary (squares will fit without touching after edges are folded in later). Drain apples in a sieve set over a bowl (save the syrup), then place apple slices decoratively on each square, leaving a 3/4-inch border all around.
6. Fold border over apples along edges, pinching edges together as necessary, then dot tops of apples with a total of 1 tablespoon butter and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tablespoon sugar.
7. Bake tarts until apples are tender, pastry is puffed, and edges and undersides are golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
8. While tarts bake, boil reserved syrup in skillet with SKYY Infusions Ginger and remaining 2 tablespoons butter until thickened and reduced to about 1/3 cup. Brush or drizzle hot syrup over tarts. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Labels: drinks, fall celebrations