Tuesday Tutorial - Embroidery Hoop Ornament

Santa's Mustache Bash inviteI totally meant to add my Santa's Mustache Bash's invites in the last sneak peek. I added white flocking to Santa's mustache and the snowballs to my fun invite from Blush Printables. I glued it to a trifold card, which folds and mailed as is. I love trifold cards, they eliminate the need for envelopes! embroidery hoop ornament 4Speaking of Christmas, I'm participating in an ornament swap. At one of my favorite haunts, I discovered this amazing ribbon called cotton curl, it's made of paper but you can curl it with your scissors like curling ribbon. It's not just ordinary paper, it's very heavy and perfect for making an ornament out of.

It only needs two things, the cotton curl and an embroidery hoop. I used a 3" hoop but you can make it larger if you want to turn it into a pretty wreath to hang up in your home.embroidery hoop ornament 3
I removed the inner hoop, then trimmed pieces of ribbon to 10"...embroidery hoop ornament 2
I tied each piece of ribbon onto the hoop, then curled the ribbon. A piece of red baker's twine finishes it off.embroidery hoop ornamentEasy, peasy, lemon squeezy!
linkparty
UndertheTableandDreaming

Labels: , ,