Get it? Beer + cocktails = beertails! Why just drink beer at your Super Bowl party? Or at any sports party for that matter? Anyone knock back a cold one, but it's a savvy hostess who can make it fabulous!
Lazy Magnolia's Deep South Southern Pecan Float; recipe courtesy of Daily Candy, serves 1
2-3 scoops of your favorite ice cream
1 pint of Lazy Magnolia’s Southern Pecan Nut Brown Ale
1 mint leaf
1. Drop scoops of ice cream into a pint glass.
2. Slowly pour Southern Pecan Nut Brown Ale over ice cream. Then, per Lazy Magnolia’s instructions, “drink remaining Southern Pecan while waiting for float to settle.”
3. Add cherries on top and garnish with mint leaf.
Ginger Beer Cocktail; recipe courtesy of Cooking Light
3/4 cup orange juice
4 (11.5-ounce) bottles ginger beer (no, not ginger ale)
1 medium cucumber, cut lenghtwise into thin strips
1 medium Red Delicious apple, cut into thin wedges
1 medium orange, cut into thin wedges
1. Combine all ingredients in large pitcher; stir well. Serve over ice.
The Michelada; recipe courtesy of Esquire, serves 20
¾ oz Worcestershire sauce
¾ oz Maggi seasoning (a soy-sauce-like product found online and in Mexican grocery shops)
¾ oz Mexican hot sauce (Cholula works well)
1. Put a five-liter Heineken DraughtKeg on ice and juice a dozen average-sized limes into a pitcher.
2. Combine the Worcestershire sauce, seasoning and hot sauce and refrigerate.
3. Fill tall 12-oz glasses with cracked or crushed ice. Add a generous tablespoon of the above mixture.
4. Top off with beer from the keg. If you want, the outside rims of each glass can be rubbed with lime and rolled in salt.
Labels: drinks, sport themes, winter celebrations