DEAR READERS AND NEW VISITORS....MY BLOG IS HAVING A FEW TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES,THE CIRCLE WITH THE DASH WHERE A PHOTO SHOULD BE. I AM SLOWLY GOING BACK RELOADING THEM!

1.08.2011

Real Party - Rockin' New Year's Eve Bash

Me and my menfolk had a Rockin' New Year's Eve...the boys made it to midnight and we watched the fireworks off The Space Needle on TV! But first, we started the night at our museum's Rockin' New Year's Bash; an annual tradition of ours to attend...
Could you tell, the boy's hat is The Joker? While we were there, they shared with us an article in our local paper, with a recent article on the museum with his balloon Batman mask photo from last year as the headline photo.

Next up, back home to start the festivities...a few pictures were in order... Photo walls are so hot right now, and with extra-wide gift wrapping paper and a few props, it was Magic Time.

Our party table is inspired by the amazingness that Chris from Celebrations At Home and her Fabulous Sweets Party. The best part was reusing many of my own items, which is a definite money saver.The Operation Shower printables from Love The Day have my favorite colors and being a military family and all about spreading the word, we had to use them. I, too, have the TableVogue cover and I love it so...the blank canvas is the perfect jumping point.

Tonight's motto - no baking. Who says store-bought treats aren't just as special? Fortune cookies and giant marshmallows dipped in candy melts with white nonpareils are fun and easy to do. Yes, those are Hostess Cupcakes. Apparently hubby loves them...I learn new things about him every day!
The tent cards are part of a printable package from the giveaway I won from the lovely Sandra Downie Events. I added some bling with adhesive sequins that I found clearanced out in the Christmas section. I love after-Christmas sales.

Psst...don't be content to use standard party blowers, make them fabulous! Take off the whistle, unroll the body and use it as a template on coordinating paper. I found clock scrapbook paper that I also used to line my white platters. If you haven't jumped on board with lining tableware with scrapbook paper, where have you been?

The silver and blue sequin branches were another sweet after-Christmas score. The filler is just acrylic ice that I've had forever.
What? You don't have mirror squares? OK, you need to get yourself some, you can find them in various sizes and shapes at your favorite craft store. They are an inexpensive way to make a table sparkle and add interest. I'm

I was too excited to find these rub-ons that I added to our own glasses. Rock candy stirrers added a fun element and turned the milk a little blue too!
I'm all about affordable decor and you can't beat my paper snowflakes Mix and match paper to perfectly match your decor!

OK, I gotta shamelessly share the boys trying not to OD on sugar...
water and popcorn box labels - Operation Shower printables from Love The Day
tent cards - Sandra Downie Events
pattered gift wrapping paper - Target
paper straws - Bake It Pretty
scrapbook paper and rub-ons - Michael's

13 comments:

  1. This turned out soooo cute! Looks like you all had fun and the printables went well with your designs@ XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Looks like everyone there had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Looks like you had a fantastic New Years!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE those snowflakes! Amazing. Thank you for using the Operation Shower printables. Everything turned out so great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I see the Celebrations at Home inspiration...but you have truly made it your own! Love your ideas for coordinating the NY trumpets to your theme, the clock rub-ons for the glasses, and of course your fabulous DIY paper snowflakes. Wonderful family pics, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it all looks like a fun fun time!!!
    Love the fortune cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a wonderful way to celebrate the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like so much fun and the table looks great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so fun! I love that you used store bought goodies and yes, they are just as special : ) I love your back drop!!!!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your blog,Totally interesting also extraordinary blog.Give more pictures related to this topic.Thanks for sharing this wonderful detail.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this. A small party just for the family. I might have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You put was in my Childhood reminiscences. My oldsters organized the New Year's Seattle bash for youngsters of the society in our house. we tend to did ton of fun with my childhood friends. Thanks for sharing these beautiful footage.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you are entering a giveaway, if you don't have an email available in your profile, please leave it in your comment.