Blog Thank Yous/Random Act Of Garnish Pt. 2

It's been a whirlwind past few weeks and I can't go any further without sending out a few thank you shout-outs for all of those who shared my crazy! I'm always so appreciative of those who share some of my ideas or are inspired by them.


Anj from Snowybliss needs to move closer to me! She is SERIOUSLY talented and has another AMAZING party that have my felt owls as part of her genius! Remember her Monster Momo party? Yes, she sure did cut out that headboard, it's awesome! It feels so Dr. Seuss, I wouldn't be surprised to see it pop up in another soiree or two. OK, so this would be more of a Crazy It Forward, but this is my blog and I can do what I want.

Great Oak Circle likes my Kiss Me Cupcakes...looking back on them, it hits me that they totally reminds me of Janice's (the guitar-playing-Muppet-in-the-rock-band-from-The Muppet Show) lips.


Piggy Bank Parties showcased our Back To School Bash from last summer (gosh, time is flying!) and did a mini interview...check it out for a few 'trade' secrets!

Kate Landers invited me to share some party advice for her party design advice series ...check out the full series, awesome advice from some of the best in the business!

Somehow, Nickelodeon's Parents Connect found me and think they should spread my crazy. They listed me on their Birthday Party Planning page! Parents, if you don't know who they are, you are seriously missing out! It's got everything you need for every aspect of childhood. And old-timers like myself, their by-city activity search used to be Go City Kids!

Sidebar...I'm afraid to join Pinterest...everyone is getting addicted to it, and apparently I already have my own page of pins? I've enough obsessions and I'm trying really hard not to get sucked in...but thanks to those who pinned me. Still don't know how it works.

OK, enough talk about me, let's talk about other people. Remember Garnish's attempt to take over the world with kindness with their Random Acts Of Garnish and my small part in it? Well, I had shared one with my neighbor and when the weather cleared, took one to my friend at her bookstore. She needed her own pick-me-up, she has a houseful of kids and having to share everything just ain't cool. Mamas need something just for them!
My second wave of Random Acts came in the form of a shamrock doughnut from Krispy Kreme wrapped in parchment paper (mmm...doughnuts...) and chocolate milk packaged in a wooden berry box with a napkin.

One went to our school's speech therapist, I don't have personal experience with her, but I know several students of hers and she seems nice. She wasn't around so I left it on her desk; I was working near her office and she asked if I knew anything about it. I lied. But I did say it looked really cute! Insert wave of deviousness and happy thoughts.

The second one went to our bus driver. They are always overlooked when it comes to goody giving, and I put my kids in her hands everyday. Plus, she has a bus full of kids and has to turn her back on them. Sometimes I can barely tolerate my own kids when they are in the car. Stay tuned for part 3, I'm having so much fun with this!

Labels: ,