With Teacher Appreciation Week (or a Back To School bash this fall?) coming up, I've a cute project for you! Plus, it's a recycled item, so even more awesome. We went to a birthday party last week where the crafty mom passed out these pencil cans filled with treats as favors. I know, right? So of course I had to make a tutorial and share. I tweaked it a bit.
8 1/2" X 11" sheets of cardstock in pink, grey, yellow and tan
clean and empty Pringles can
double sided tape or glue stick
hot glue gun
1. Trim the grey cardstock to a strip 1/2" by 10", the yellow cardstock to a strip 8" by 10", the pink cardstock to 2 1/2" by 10" and the tan to a half circle with a 7 1/4" diameter.
2. Adhere the yellow cardstock with a glue stick or double sided tape.
3. Adhere the pink cardstock; it will overlap the yellow and that's fine.
4. Adhere the grey strip over the seam made by the yellow and pink cardstock.
5. Curl the tan half circle into a cone and hot glue onto the can's lid.
6. Color in the 'lead' with a black marker.
Voila! Now you can fill up with whatever goodies your heart desires.
Labels: Back To School, crafts, favors, green ideas, paper McLovin', tips, Tuesday Tutorial