4456ab62684ae17244d576b2248ea70ce95c1b08c858edf677 Real Party - Construction Birthday Party: The Food | Not Just A Mommy
DEAR READERS AND NEW VISITORS....MY BLOG IS HAVING A FEW TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES,THE CIRCLE WITH THE DASH WHERE A PHOTO SHOULD BE. I AM SLOWLY GOING BACK RELOADING THEM!

5.06.2011

Real Party - Construction Birthday Party: The Food

First, it was the cake. Today is the party food; ya gotta have something to eat! No meal this time around, just fun snacks. You know I'm all about making guests work so I created a  Build Your Own Chex Mix bar.

I adore printables from Paper & Cake, they always jam so much stuff into their downloads, I can never use it all. I used their Under Construction items throughout the party. Fab party tip - renaming food to match your party theme is a great way to tie everything together.


I used lots of galvanized buckets and wooden containers for the full construction site feel! I lined wooden berry baskets with paper napkins so they wouldn't get greasy or dirty.



Yes, that is ruler-print ribbon tied on the scoop handles; found it at Jo-Ann's, score!



The dipped marshmallows were a big hit and gone quickly! I've had them at so many parties, they are so easy to do and can be matched to any decor. Of course I had paper straws.  These are jumbo marshmallows, those wimpy lollipop sticks aren't holding up these babies.

Of course we had to have dirt cups, complete with a gummi worm.  I stamped them myself and now I can't go back to naked spoons. What's under the cups you ask? A red octagon coaster of course.



Fruit infused water;  Did you know that oranges will sink and lemons float? I guess that's why you are always served lemon water and not orange water.  Learned something new today.  Did you spy the cups with the labels? Guests filled in the 'My Name is_____' part.  A must if you've got lots of people attending.

Check out part 3, decor and activities!

Check out our feature on Oh, Goodie! Designs, thank you!!!

Vendors
Under Construction printable - Paper & Cake
wooden berry boxes, paper straws, wooden spoons - Garnish
wooden toy trucks - Target
sign clips and foam tools - Michael's
construction tape - my own stash

















13 comments:

  1. LOVE all of the cute names you came up with and the BUILD YOUR OWN CHEX MIX is a super adorable idea!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Caution tape!!
    and the 'make your own chex mix' is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the custom chex mix is brillant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO So CUTE! I love the backdrop and that ruler print ribbon? I die!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the make your own mix, and the dirt pudding is genius! WELL DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You certainly do love party planning... and it looks fantastic! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun party! The build your own Chex Mix idea is brilliant! We've posted some more Construction party ideas at Creative Party Themes. Come on by antd take a peek! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very well decorated and manged party. Food is looking very delicious. I like party idea and theme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love it! what recipe did you use for the lemon & orange water ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No fancy recipe, I just filled the vessel with water and added lots of lemon and orange slices and let the juice infuse the water for a few hours in the fridge. Check out my Drink Of The Week for more ideas http://dawnypoo.blogspot.com/2013/01/drink-of-week-naturally-flavored-water.html

      Delete
  10. This is great! I love the galvanized buckets you used for the chex mix. Where did you find them and are they expensive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I got them years ago from Target in their Dollar Spot. You could probably find them at Dollar Tree. If they aren't food safe, be sure to line it with napkins.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you are entering a giveaway, if you don't have an email available in your profile, please leave it in your comment.