Check out this simple and fun recipe from My Baking Addiction; what a great end-of-summer drink! It's the paper straw and raspberry skewer garnish that I really love!
1 cup sugar
1 cup of water
¾ cup raspberries plus more whole berries for garnish if desired
1 cup fresh lemon juice
4-6 cups cold water (will vary depending on your taste)
1. Make a simple syrup by combining the sugar with 1 cup of water in a saucepan. Place over medium heat and heat until the sugar in completely dissolved; swirl the pan occasionally. Let cool.
2. Measure 3/4 of fresh raspberries and puree them in your blender or food processor.
3. Push the raspberry puree through a fine mesh sieve to separate the seeds from the pulp.
4. Once the simple syrup has cooled, combine the raspberry puree, simple syrup and lemon juice in a large pitcher.
5. Add 4-6 cups of cold water. The amount of water you use will depend on your taste, so add as little or as much as you want to achieve your perfect sweet/tart balance.
Labels: drinks, flowers/fruit/veggies, summer celebrations