4456ab62684ae17244d576b2248ea70ce95c1b08c858edf677 Fiesta Friday/Real Party - Happy School Year! | Not Just A Mommy
DEAR READERS AND NEW VISITORS....MY BLOG IS HAVING A FEW TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES,THE TRIANGLE WHERE A PHOTO SHOULD BE. I AM SLOWLY GOING BACK RELOADING THEM!

10.14.2011

Fiesta Friday/Real Party - Happy School Year!

I can't believe it's another school year! Our annual glorified playdate/Back To School Bash is always the week before school starts but was (delightfully) postponed since my husband's return home from his deployment was pushed back to the same day.

This year's theme was inspired by the Frosted Mini Wheats commercial where they were celebrating the first day of school as Happy School Year.
From the countdown to sparkly disco balls, I wanted a New Year's feel. I used Piggy Bank Parties' Happy New Year set and had the talented Do tweak them for me to say Happy School Year instead.



Originally scheduled for lunchtime, I was going to have a full spread, cupcakes, the works.  But since it was now after school, we had milk and cookies.


Older guests decorated wooden peg dolls with Sharpie markers....

...while younger guests decorated foam pennants.

Inspired by the amazing One Charming Party's faux dessert table using school supplies, I created one of my own!  Guests stocked up on supplies that was supposed to take the burden off of purchasing them for school.



I even used their free flag printables for the glue bottles.

I found these round eraser/sharpeners at Dollar Tree and thought they made the perfect round candies, wrapped in cello paper.



The boxes of cereal were supposed to be for the First Day Of School Breakfast, but since I already did all the work...


Of course you need party blowers to send in the new school year!  Another fabulous start to another fabulous year.

Vendors
invite, banner, tent cards - Piggy Bank Parties
wooden peg dolls - Gemmie Lou
milk bottles - Sav On Crafts
round pencil tags - Eighteen25

5 comments:

  1. LOVE this party! Looks super fun & if I was there, I'd be running off with all the school supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the 'dessert' table!
    Crayons on a cake stand?? LOVE IT!
    And what a great reason to postpone the party!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the faux dessert table with school supplies! Such a great idea!! -Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous party, Dawn! I think faux dessert tables are the way to go! Thanks for your sweet shout out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you are entering a giveaway, if you don't have an email available in your profile, please leave it in your comment.