Tuesday Trend - Fall Treats/Burlap

Remember my Gift-Wrapping Party Post? Well it was chosen as a semi-finalist in GigMaster's Winter Party Contest; I would love your vote! Please visit the GigMaster's post and leave a comment there, I'm party #8!

Before I launch into today's trend, since we are on the topic of fallness, I figured it was a perfect time to share some themed treats. Last week was conferences, and our teachers had a late night that we provided dinner for. My job...bring treats. Duh, no surprises there. The word is out. I didn't bring my camera to catch the final setup, hence the crappy phone picture. You know I couldn't wait to break out my new Martha Stewart cake stands and my Pier 1 tray.

teacher

Brownie bites are fun. They are even more fun if they are store-bought, and you pipe chocolate frosting on, drizzle melted chocolate, then top with sprinkles. Shh...no one needs to know your secret. Yes, I can make brownies, but these were even better I bought the cake too.  I know, but it was perfectly awesome!

The candy corn cupcakes were the big hit, layered tinted cake with a yummy center of frosting, topped off with a wooden spoon. Yes, I do have decorating skills. I can't bake a cake, or pie, or bread.  That's ok.

burlap party collage
Alrighty, moving on...burlap isn't just for camping; it's a hot trend for fall events, but check out how versatile it can be year round!

Red burlap wreath from Whipperberry burlap trim on cake from Love My Dress; wedding table from Hey Gorgeous; burlap jars from Make Life Sweet; gift wrapping from Southern Livingno-sew tree skirt from The Johnston's;  monogram burlap galvanized tub bucket from A Southern Bucket; tablecloth and favors from Style Me Pretty.

Labels: , , ,