We Read Wednesday - Bite By Bite

So I've been actually getting a chance to read lately...I keep Kathryn Stocket's The Help in the car to read while waiting for appointments, swim lessons, and long lights.  That's another W.R.W. for another day, I'm not done yet because it has lots of words and I absolutely enjoying reading it.

Peter
What I have added to The Gospels and figuratively devoured in one night (not literally, could people overuse that word incorrectly anymore than 50,000 times a day?) was Peter Callahan's Bite By Bite: 100 Stylish Little Plates You Can Make for Any Party.

Sure he has a party pedigree, caterer to the stars, working with Martha Stewart for years, contributing to her Weddings magazine, catering parties at her crib, blah, blah, blah...but simply put, his creations are fabulous and as the title says,  bite-sized. Oh man, I'm having serious heart palpations and I feel a swoon coming on....

Peter

Peter

Peter

Peter

Peter

The recipes are broken up into mouth-watering chapters like Comfort Foods (Mac and Cheese Canapés), Shots And Bites (Fish Tacos and Caviar Spoons and Vodka) and Classics Reinvented (Pigs in Blankets, Two Ways). Of course, the Dessert chapter is my favorite, from Chocolate Ice Cream “Burgers” to Cotton Candy Lollipops and Strawberry-Rhubarb Pies.

Peter
I'm excited to try a few recipes out for my Christmas Gift Wrapping Party, traditionally I've served dessert for our parties, but this year, I'm going to step it up.  Seriously, the Ham, Egg And Cheese amounts to a glorified Egg McMuffin, but in a classy, sophisticated way.  You KNOW you want to try to make them.

Peter
My favorite has to be the Spaghetti And Meatballs With Caesar Salad And Garlic Bread.  Could you imagine the looks on my kids' faces if I broke this out for our Spaghetti Thursday?  I think hubby would lift up the plate looking for the rest of it.  Ugh, I'm surrounded by heathens.

Labels: , , , , ,