Antipasto Kabobs With California Black Olives

antipasto kabobs with California Black Olives
If you have holiday potlucks to attend, nothing beats food on a stick. The presentation makes everything look so much prettier.  I discovered this recipe from The Hungry Housewife and thought it would be perfect for the Christmas Eve party we are going to. I seriously had to resist eating more of them. They are simple to make, and are a little meal in themselves.  I tell you, black olives are really growing on me, now that I've been having fun with them.

1 9 oz package of Buitoni's Chicken & Prosciutto Tortellini, cooked to package directions
1 can California Black Olives, extra large
1 12 oz container of marinated mozzarella balls (I used Galbani's)
slices of salami (enough for 2 per skewer)
1 cup Italian dressing (I used Kraft's Tuscan House Italian)
cherry tomatoes
fresh basil leaves
wooden skewers

 1. Marinate the cooked tortellini in the Italian dressing for a few hours, then drain the pasta. Place one of each item onto the skewer using the pointy side.

2.  They can be made a few hours in advance, just cover tightly and place in the refrigerator.

If you are looking for more fun ways to play with California Black Olives, check out their site with lots of great recipes, tips on cooking with kids, and fun facts. Missed my last olive cleverness? Take a gander at my my California Black Olives penguins.

Disclaimer - I was provided the California Black Olives and supplies for review and no compensation was given, real or implied. This review is my own personal opinion.

Labels: ,