A little prep work is needed to make the simple sugar, so plan ahead. Recipe courtesy of Tablespoon.
Gingerbread Simple Syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
2 tablespoons mild-flavor molasses
1-inch piece fresh gingerroot, peeled, sliced
2 cinnamon sticks
1 teaspoon whole cloves
1. To make the gingerbread simple syrup, mix sugar, water, molasses, gingerroot, cinnamon sticks and cloves in 1-quart saucepan.
2. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; set aside 1 hour to cool.
3. Strain syrup into glass jar; discard spices. Cover jar, and refrigerate until needed. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
Gingerbread Cookie Cocktail
1 oz gingerbread simple syrup
1 oz vanilla vodka
1 oz half-and-half
1/2 oz coffee liqueur
garnish: brown sugar
1. Moisten rim of chilled martini glass with orange wedge. Sprinkle brown sugar onto small plate, and dip moistened rim into the sugar to coat lightly.
2. Fill cocktail shaker with ice, add all liquids, and shake. Strain into martini glass.
Labels: Christmas, drinks