Last Minute Christmas Party Ideas

I almost forgot to share some of my ideas I've been using lately, I'm all about fun but easy projects and I've got a few for you...
cupcake gift boxes
Have a party to attend and need an easy way to get everyone in the spirit? My sister, Kaleidescope Cupcakes, put together a decorate-your-own-cupcake display for two company offices parties, and it is perfect for every Christmas party. Instead of using cake platters, wrap boxes like presents.  Clear 9 oz tumblers make great topping holders.

Need an easy hostess gift to carry your through New Year's? Seven Trader Joe's Chocolate Drizzle Star cookies fit perfectly in a 3 1/2" square gift box like these I found at the Hallmark store. Add a cute tag and voila!

Oh, did you need a close up on these pretty cookies? Those are salt crystals, and the sweet and salty is so yummy!

Trader Joe's cookie gift

Have a little more time on your hands? Silicone molds like this one from Wilton's, make great petits fours for holiday parties, or package a few to give as gifts.   I filled this one with brownie mix...

brownie tree petit fours 2
...and since I don't have fondant skills, I melted frosting and tinted it green....

brownie tree petit fours
...poured it over them on a  cooling tray to catch the frosting below.

brownie tree petit fours on platter
Line a platter with Christmas paper and dazzle your guests.  This was my first batch, I over heated the frosting a bit, so it was not as smooth as I hoped...round two is for Christmas Eve so I better figure it out.

wooden berry box favors
Do you have wooden strawberry boxes? Baker's twine? Mini pies? Then you have the makings of another hostess idea or a great way to send off holiday guests. I made these for our front offices ladies at school. I slipped a mini pie into glassine bags, tucked in a little coffee packet and a wooden spoon and you have the perfect after-dinner treat.  Where did I score all my supplies? Why, Garnish, of course!

Labels: , , ,