4456ab62684ae17244d576b2248ea70ce95c1b08c858edf677 Fiesta Friday/Real Party - Le Petit Chef Cooking Party | Not Just A Mommy
DEAR READERS AND NEW VISITORS....MY BLOG IS HAVING A FEW TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES,THE CIRCLE WITH THE DASH WHERE A PHOTO SHOULD BE. I AM SLOWLY GOING BACK RELOADING THEM!

9.14.2012

Fiesta Friday/Real Party - Le Petit Chef Cooking Party

Time flies when you are super busy and forget to share the little one's cooking party from earlier this summer!      I still have a few other parties I worked on to share...slowly but surely!

I believe in telling the party truth...it's not always beautiful dessert tables and sunshine and 100% RSVPs.  Sometimes things go awry and the party in your head doesn't turn out that way.  But it sure started off fabulously.  Printables for a boy cooking party is limited to pizza parties/Italian chef themes.  And you know me, I'm all about being different.  Plus, the boy is obsessed with Geronimo Stilton. I pinned a bazillion ideas and wanted to do them all, so no set out there would hold all these ideas.
Little Chef Cooking Party invite

I knew where to start to create our party set...Spaceships And Laser Beams. It's a boy party all the time there.  SSLB doesn't do copyrighted characters...everything is custom and unique so we did little mice to represent Geronimo Stilton.  The mouse wearing glasses is a shout-out to the boy since he does too.  Hubby pointed out that mice in the kitchen is not a good look, remember Ratatouille?  That's what the child wanted...that's what he got!

Stephanie and I convo'd a bit and Catherine worked on the set, and she did a fabulous job!  I love a good invite and these were so cute with their matching labels.

Little Chef Cooking Party chef hats and aprons

When guests arrived,  they found a personalized chef hat and apron at each setting.  Yes, those are cookie letters.  Catherine made apron decals so I could printed them onto transfer paper and iron on. I was so excited that girls were coming so I could make the cupcake liner flowers for their hats.

So this is where things got hairy.  I was a full time student and didn't get to finish all the projects I wanted so I was already feeling pouty. By the time we left for the party,  I was ridiculously behind schedule, having to prep and pack for the rec center where the party was held.  I had to get the house ready for my oldest's birthday sleepover party that night.  That's right, their parties were literally back to back.  The cooking party ended at 4:30 p.m., and we had be cleaned up and out (not to mention another party was wheeling their things in as we were wheeling our stuff out) and around the block to meet 8 5th graders for a 5:00 p.m. jump session at the trampoline place, then back to our house with two cars worth of sweaty children for the evening.

I was stressed, and forgot a bag of stuff that luckily my husband was able to go back for.  That cut into my set-up time...which means a lot of details fell through the cracks.  I forgot the matching placemats I printed out, not to mention not using half the printables created.  Somehow I didn't print out the 'Happy' for the birthday banner.  Somehow, a bag of paper rosettes that I spent so much time folding was left behind. I forgot to use the bananas for the skewers like we were supposed to, because for some reason, I bought pink marshmallows. Kids were skewering extra marshmallows for nothing and making a hot sticky mess.  The microwave was old and I couldn't figure out how to turn the power level down, so I burned  chocolate. I didn't get a lot of photos.  I snapped at my husband a lot when he didn't follow my precise instructions.  Or I didn't and gave him evil eye.  I didn't get to set things up the way I wanted.  The tables were too small and we had to double them up, then they were too big.

Yeah, wah, wah, wah.  My point is enjoy your party time and seriously, don't sweat the small stuff.  I keep saying that and I hope one day I believe it.  Your guests don't know all of these things and mine didn't...I kept a brave face on even though I was mentally screaming at myself all the coulda, shoulda, wouldas. The birthday boy had a fabulous time and it showed.  OK, got that off my chest...sorry, let's get to the good stuff!

Little Chef Cooking Party decorating paper cake slices


My favorite part was the first activity.  I wanted a fun centerpiece for the main table and a way to keep everyone busy while we waited for everyone to arrive. I folded up pie slice containers and hot glued the paper straw candles.  Everyone decorated a slice...it was so fun to see them all together and I must say, it's my most clever idea evah!

Little Chef Cooking Party making pepperoni loaves

Instead of traditional pizzas, the kids made these awesome pepperoni loaves! They are really, really good!


They had so much fun rolling out the dough, filling it up with their toppings and trying to get the rolls into the loaf pans.


Little Chef Cooking Party place setting

Cuteness down to the straw toppers...French fry boxes held veggies and the smaller containers had dipping sauce and dressing. I'm still gushing over how cute those mice are.

Little Chef Cooking Party water bottle label

Even the back of the water labels were cuteness 'Premium water from the cellars of Jaden’s Kitchen.A refreshing vintage to be served with good food!'

Little Chef Cooking Party candy favors

The kids kept their chef hat and apron for party favors, but of course at my favorite baking store, I found the perfect baking candy mold.  Of course, I had to have it...score your own at Amazon.com.

Little Chef Cooking Party marshmallow skewers

While the loaves were baking, they made their marshmallow skewers. They were supposed to be these banana bites from Bakers Royale but my brain looped out on that. The kids absolutely loved them as marshmallows, so there you go.


Nothing says sugar high like marshmallows dipped in chocolate covered in sprinkles.




Yup, no Happy. No place mats.

Little Chef Cooking Party pepperoni loaves

Mmm...cheesy....


Look, mama! A teeny weeny cheese grater!


The perfect way to end a perfect day...his favorite red velvet cupcakes.

Little Chef Cooking Party thank you cards

You must go check out the full listing at Spaceships And Laser Beams to see everything I didn't use, there are cupcake wrappers, place cards, place mats, the works!   A big thank you and mwah! to Stephanie and Catherine, they totally ran with my ideas, created the perfect set and were a dream to work with.  I wonder if I could hire them to work the party too...

Vendors
all party printables - Spaceships And Laser Beams
pie slice boxes - Petit Moulin
red and grey paper straws, loaf pans, French fry boxes - Garnish
paper chef hats - Oriental Trading Co.
alphabet cookies - Trader Joe's
mini rolling pins - Michaels
mini colanders and cheese graters - World Market

5 comments:

  1. This is a great boy party and I love Spaceships and Laser Beams. You have a way with those fans Ms.Dawn, I would love to see your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These kids are awesome. I wish my kids could learn some cooking too. Love your post. Will you need linen clothes when performing as activity like this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like we could totally be besties. I had a party featured in a magazine and I STILL wrote a post picking it to pieces because it killed me how many details I didn't get to set up due to time issues... I feel you. I have been so mean to the husband on party day- now he just wants to run and hide on party day!! Your chef hats were adorable and I love the activities!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thank you! I look back thinking 'great Scott woman, why do stress? It will be fine.' I'm glad I'm not the only one...not many people admit what's going on behind the party scenes.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you are entering a giveaway, if you don't have an email available in your profile, please leave it in your comment.