It's Halloweek! Zombie Party Inspiration

Move over vampires, zombies are taking over this Halloween! I love, love, love AMC's The Walking Dead and I can't wait for the October 14 season premiere.  It inspired my zombie-themed Halloween table that premieres tomorrow, so today I'm sharing a few great ideas I came across.

Zombie Party The Walking Day party printables

The Walking Dead party table and printables from Hello My Sweet.


Zombie party supplies from Oriental Trading.

Zombie Party marshmallows
Marshmallows from The Decorated Cookie.

Zombie Party Hank And Hunt

Zombie party from Hank & Hunt via Cupcakes & Cutlery

Zombie Party brain cake
Brain cake featured on Apartment Therapy...link to the original is gone (I believe it's from the now-defunct Cookie Magazine...boo), but check out Martha's cupcake how to for piping the frosting

Zombie Party Brains In A Jar
Living Locurto's very clever Brain In A Jar comes with free printables.

zombie party toxic brain in a jar printables

Or if you need your labels a little gorier, check these out from Celebrations...I wish I came across these sooner, they matched my table better than Living Locurto's but they are both just as awesome.

zombie party cookies

Break out that gingerbread man cookie cutter and make a few zombie cookies like these from user Corrie76 on Cake Central.  I love how some of them have intestines hanging out.

Zombie party pets
My favorite place to find the most weirdest and amazing things is Archie McPhee...for those of you who do not have the pleasure of living near them, they do have an online shop where you can score on zombie pets for cake toppers or favors.

I love to show themed movies in the background during a party...there are a ton of zombie movies you've probably never heard of but here's a list of classic must-haves:

Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Dawn of the Dead (1978)
Night of the Comet (1984)  
Pet Semetary (1989)
Shaun of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland (2009)  
28 Days Later (2002)
28 Weeks Later (2007) 
The Walking Dead, seasons one and two
anything from the Resident Evil series

Come back tomorrow to see how I pulled it all together!

Labels: , , ,