Tuesday Tip (On A Friday) - Entertaining Recipes With Lucky Leaf

Lucky Leaf has a few great recipes I had the pleasure of creating this week....
First up, their Mini Cherry Pecan Pies...

It's definitely not prepared the way you would think and totally unexpected, the dough is mostly cream cheese! It does bake up nicely and since you spread the dough inside of a mini muffin tin, that's my kind of baking.


What I loved about this recipe is how simple ingredients can make an impressive treat. We aren't big pecan fans so I didn't add the additional pecan garnish so the boys would eat it. But pie needs whipped cream so I added a squirt of topping and they loved it.

It is a little time consuming scooping up, forming and pressing the dough since it's very sticky so plan ahead when making them. It's perfect for your holiday table, Thanksgiving is coming after all and they only take a few bites to finish, so they would be perfect with your after-dinner coffee.  Next time, I'll cut back some on the pecan and add a little sugar to the dough, it's a tad bland for my taste, but then again, I have a ridiculous sweet tooth.

Today  I hosted a coffee with my ladies, I hardly get to see my girls and the perfect reason to make the Blackberry Coffee Cake that is printed on the can.

Now, I preface this with saying y'all know I don't bake much, so making sure I have staples like flour and white sugar is not the norm.  I knew I was out of flour but what I didn't check was the sugar since I hardly use it.  Apparently hubby has been, almost every day for his coffee.  I discovered this the night before, so I had to substitute with brown sugar.  Hence the not-very-coffee-cake-colored part aka why it's so brown.

It definitely changed the texture, making it more cake-like than coffee-cake-like...but then again, it may have had nothing to do with that.  But it still tasted good...at least to me...everyone else said so too, but they could have been lying. But hey, they sounded sincere.

This is why I don't bake.  Something always seems to go hay-wire. It really is a simple recipe...I couldn't find it on the Lucky Leaf site, so here it is...

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs
1 can (21 oz) Premium Lucky Leaf Blackberry Pie Filling
Glaze: 1 cup confectioners’ sugar mixed with 2 teaspoons of water and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13Ă—9 inch pan with flour-added baking spray.

2.  Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until creamy, then beat in the eggs one at a time.

3.  Stir in the flour mixture and spread the batter in the pan. Spread about half the can filling over the batter and swirl it in.

4.  The recipe said to bake for 40 minutes until golden...I had mine in for about 45 to 50 minutes.

5.  Let cool, then mix together the glaze ingredients.  Add a small dollop of the remaining filling and drizzle the glaze over the cake before serving.

Disclaimer - I was provided the supplies from Lucky Leaf for review and no compensation was given, real or implied. This review is my own personal opinion.

Labels: , ,