Tuesday Tip: Entertaining With White Tableware

I get a lot of emails about what I use when I entertain, and I thought to myself, 'Self, you should have a post or two where those questions can be answered'.  So today I'm sharing a few of my secrets, starting with today's tip...white tableware.

It is always a safe bet; white serving dishes allow the colors of the food to stand out and can be used with any color palette or party theme.  Here are my 'basic black' go-to pieces; as you can see, you can find great, affordable pieces everywhere and make those pieces multi-task!

entertaining with white tableware tips



1.  Pottery Barn Great White 3-Tier stand...a wonderful centerpiece that can be filled with treats, flowers, small gift boxes, endless possibilities.

2. Wilton white cake stand purchased at Michaels (discontinued).

3.  White cake stands - Square and round ones from Martha Stewart purchased at Macy's (discontinued but she still carries similar ones). Cake stands are essential pieces because they make items accessible and your table visually appealing.

4.  Crate & Barrel rectangle plane...just ordered it and love it already! It has low feet, so it's ideal for serving up cheeses, sushi or small bites of anything.

5.  Rosanna Decor Bon Bon Footed Round Bowl...turn it into a flower vase or fill with round treats. I've even stacked a smaller capote inside of it...drat...forgot to add that one to the picture.

6.  World Market salad plates...they are the perfect size for appetizers and desserts, children's parties - anytime you don't need such a large plate

7.  CB2 glossy white curve server (discontinued)... the perfect space saver around narrow pieces.

8.  Pier 1 white porcelain spoons...the perfect little bite holder.

9.  Crate & Barrel large platter...it's a sturdy piece as a serving tray, straight from the kitchen to the table. I dare say it may fit a small turkey or a group of Cornish game hens. Use it in a buffet setting to corral plates, silverware and napkins.

10.  3 section server - unknown company, purchased at Marshall's. Yes, it can be a condiment server, but you know you need it for ice cream sundae or parfait toppings.

11.  Pier 1's  Tasting Party 9-Section Tray...also great for crafting parties to hold all those little bits and pieces and makes an interesting cupcake holder as well.

12. Nikko Ceramics rectangular tray purchased at Wayfair. You can never have too many platters...

Don't be fooled...I've got more white serving pieces, not to mention numerous small dipping bowls and ramekins, and non-white pieces.  We haven't even started talking about my glass serving items...that's another post for another day. I need to be in a 12 step program of some sort...

And a bit of a shameless plug, I don't work for Crate & Barrel, but with their $4.95 shipping, you can get lots of great entertaining pieces and everything ships for one flat rate.  I'm just saying...

Labels: , ,