We Go Wednesday - Arboretum Foundation's Gifts And Greens Galore Sneak Peek

Arboretum Foundation Gifts And Green Galore sneak peek
A few weeks ago, I shared Seattle's Arboretum Foundation's Gifts And Greens Galore holiday fundraiser event, and I had the pleasure of attending the blogger sneak peek.  I've never been to the fundraiser, or for that matter, even heard of the Arboretum Foundation, until I 'met' Kristin Price, their Events Manager. I love that I make so many connections online, and when the chance comes up to meet someone and support their causes is just ganache on the chocolate cake.

I'm also embarrassed to say I've lived in Seattle 8 years and did not know about the Washington Park Arboretum or it's amazing Seattle Japanese Garden, steps away from the University Of Washington.  I know the area like the back of my hand, so again, embarrassed.  It is so on my list of things to do when the weather gets warmer.

Arboretum Foundation Gifts And Green Galore gift box

But I, as usual, digress.  The gist of this story is some of the great ways Kristin and her team came up with ways to incorporate fresh greenery in your holiday decor...a walk outdoors can yield everything you need.  Well, if you live near green...

How beautifully simple is gifting with a small spring of illegal holly...yes, you'll see what I mean later.

Arboretum Foundation Gifts And Green Galore place setting

Arboretum Foundation Gifts And Green Galore centerpieces


Check out the place settings and centerpieces...just add green!

Arboretum Foundation Gifts And Green Galore candle centerpiece

Arboretum Foundation Gifts And Green Galore


Kristen (in blue) gave us a quick tour of the Graham Visitors Center where both events was held.


Did you know that out here, holly is considered evasive and on the 'hit list' of outlawed plants? Basically, this holly was brought in from elsewhere.  You learn something new every day.

Arboretum Foundation Gifts And Green Galore sneak peek Zoka Coffee

Zoka Coffee was on hand with fresh coffee, the Arboretum's own blend!

There were several crafting ideas on hand for us to create...

Arboretum Foundation Gifts And Green Galore sneak peek wreath making

My favorite was the wreath making.  Evergreen sprigs are tied around vine wreaths with thin gauge wire and natural and storebought embellisments were added.

I'm so sad we couldn't make the event, that weekend was already cray-cray, but I know it was a fabulous success and I will put it on my calendar for next year!

Labels: , , , ,