4456ab62684ae17244d576b2248ea70ce95c1b08c858edf677 Won't You Be My Valentine? Week: Fiesta Friday/Real Party - Kiss Me, I'm Green | Not Just A Mommy
DEAR READERS AND NEW VISITORS....MY BLOG IS HAVING A FEW TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES,THE CIRCLE WITH THE DASH WHERE A PHOTO SHOULD BE. I AM SLOWLY GOING BACK RELOADING THEM!

1.25.2013

Won't You Be My Valentine? Week: Fiesta Friday/Real Party - Kiss Me, I'm Green

It's Day 6 of my Won't You Be My Valentine? Week and I know you've been looking forward to today's Fiesta Friday. If you've missed some of the fun so far, it's been a fun cocktails, a giveawaydessert, special Valentine treats, non candy valentines. and now it's partay time!

Kiss Me I'm Green Valentine's Day/St. Patrick's Day party plates

I'm always on the lookout for party inspiration and sometimes it comes in the simplest form...I found these Kermit plates on clearance at Target and couldn't pass them up.  And then the wheels started turning...It's Not That Easy Being Green could be a Valentine theme...Kiss Me, I'm Green! It does double duty for St. Patrick's Day too! Heh...duty.

Kiss Me I'm Green Kermit The Frog Valentine's Day/St. Patrick's Day party invite

You have to get the party started right...a fun invitation gets your party buzz going, and who's going to turn down such a sweet invite? Create your invite in a photo editing program (I used PicMonkey) and add a Kermit Pez dispenser. He was a little hard to find, but I lucked out at Toys R Us, but a bag of gummi frogs or lips makes a great substitute!

Kiss Me I'm Green Kermit The Frog Valentine's Day/St. Patrick's Day party table

So I present an easy and budget friendly party table that works for the young...and don't think it can't for the young at heart.  Kermit has a special place in all of us, so if you want to rock it out for adults, just add a few more adult treats like green Jell-O shots and canapes, wrap beer bottles instead and let the fun begin!

Kiss Me I'm Green Kermit The Frog Valentine's Day/St. Patrick's Day party table 2

What's great about this set up is you can use what you have on hand or purchase inexpensively.  Don't have paper lanterns? You can make tissue poms or just hang up lots of streamers. And yes, there is my go-to table covering, kraft paper, purchased inexpensively at an office supply store.  I love that stuff.

Kiss Me I'm Green Kermit The Frog Valentine's Day/St. Patrick's Day party cake pops

Of course we needed a few cake pops...with a flick of an edible marker, candy eyes become Kermit eyes.

Kiss Me I'm Green Kermit The Frog Valentine's Day/St. Patrick's Day party candy frogs

I couldn't resist making little candy frogs; I found the mold at my local store but you can find the same one one at Amazon.

Kiss Me I'm Green Kermit The Frog Valentine's Day/St. Patrick's Day party popcorn cup

Dress up paper cups with Kermit's collar made from green Foamie...I think this was my favorite craft.

Kiss Me I'm Green Kermit The Frog Valentine's Day/St. Patrick's Day party bottles

And of course I couldn't forget my drink bottles...I punched out black and white circles for his eyes and colored on the eye slits.

Kiss Me I'm Green Kermit The Frog Valentine's Day/St. Patrick's Day party apples

Here is my sad attempt at Disney Family's Kermit apple...it was a little harder than it looks.

Kiss Me I'm Green Kermit The Frog Valentine's Day/St. Patrick's Day party lip cookies

Here is my sad attempt at lip cookies....I figured covering them with frosting and sprinkles would lessen their sadness.  They tasted so good though...but man, do I suck at cookies! If I had real cookie skills, I could have made them look like frogs...the lip 'bumps' could be eye sockets, right?

Kiss Me I'm Green Kermit The Frog Valentine's Day/St. Patrick's Day party gummi sprinkles

One of my favorite things to do is use related items as table sprinkles. For example, I used real peanuts for my circus table and this time I used gummi frogs and lips. But feel free to use SweeTarts, jellybeans, M&Ms, or whatever candy you have on hand.

I know, at first, styling a party table may be a little daunting but it's those little touches that make the difference. Even just making the Kermit bottles and popcorn cups can set the tone and get a few giggles. Before you know it, you'll be building on your skills and go, 'hey, that ain't half bad!'

I hope you are inspired you to do something special for your family or friends for Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day.
Tip Junkie Handmade Projects

2 comments:

  1. What a fun party! Love the foam touches on the cups and the cute cake pops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Kermit party. The cake pops are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you are entering a giveaway, if you don't have an email available in your profile, please leave it in your comment.