DEAR READERS AND NEW VISITORS....MY BLOG IS HAVING A FEW TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES,THE CIRCLE WITH THE DASH WHERE A PHOTO SHOULD BE. I AM SLOWLY GOING BACK RELOADING THEM!

2.10.2013

Drink Of The Week - Milkshakes & Cookies

Valentine's Day is Thursday and I'm all tapped out...like Christmas starting in July, it feels like it's been a perpetual sea of hearts.  But of course, I have to get in one more idea before moving on.


My boys love milkshakes, especially those from  local burger joints, thick and rich and every flavor under the sun.  Today's D.O.W  was inspired by them, homemade shakes with a Valentine's Day twist!



I went to my stash of Lucky Leaf pie filling since fresh strawberries are a little scarce and whipped up this easy recipe:

1 21-oz can Lucky Leaf Premium Pie Filling in strawberry
3 cups strawberry ice cream
1/2 cup of milk
Garnish: whipped cream, marshmallow hearts

Add 1 cup of filling, ice cream and milk to a blender. Pour into glasses and garnish; recipe makes about 4 cups.


Check out my marshmallow hearts...they are so easy to make.  I found flat marshmallows and broke out my rolling pin to flatten them a little more to fit my heart cookie cutter.  Cut a slit in them and you're set!  I think you could do the same with regular marshmallows.


And the straws? Short, jumbo, striped paper straws...from Target...in the Valentine’s Day section. I know, right? They are exactly what you need for milkshakes. Go snatch some up ASAP!

Disclaimer - I am provided supplies from Lucky Leaf for review and no compensation was given, real or implied. 

3 comments:

  1. This is a pretty cool treat. I went to Target last week and there wasn't a paper straw in sight. That's what I get for waiting so long! Time for you to take a breather and get ready for St. Paddy's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever idea of marshmellow hearts. Your boys might be happy with the entire drink!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you are entering a giveaway, if you don't have an email available in your profile, please leave it in your comment.