Paper Cake Slices + Martha Stewart Scoring Board

It's the first day of Spring!  Here in Seattle as I write this, the sun has been playing peek-a-boo.  I'm always inspired to get even more crafty as the weather warms, especially with all the holidays and birthdays on their way.

Martha Stewart scoring board

I'm stepping my crafting game up with a discovery that I can't believe that up to last week, I didn't know existed....the Martha Stewart Scoring Board.  I know, it's been out forever, but I swear as much as I've drooled over her section in my favorite craft stores, I've missed it.  I love to make paper rosettes but of course, hand folding them can be a pain.  Unless you have a perfectly spaced set of scored lines...which you get with a...wait for it...scoring board.


paper cake slices

And do you know what else you can make with a scoring board besides custom envelopes, her paper pie slice box. If you remember, last year at the little one's cooking party, guests decorated pie slice containers embellished with a paper straw to create an instant birthday centerpiece.

I so loved the idea and decided to recreate it with her template download.  I printed it on the back of scrapbook paper, cut out and scored the fold lines with my...yes, scoring board...and added jumbo paper straw candles.

paper cake slice jumbo paper straw candle

Make them up in your party colors and they make a perfect centerpiece when they create a full cake!

Be inspired and Happy First Day Of Spring!

Labels: , , ,