DEAR READERS AND NEW VISITORS....MY BLOG IS HAVING A FEW TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES,THE CIRCLE WITH THE DASH WHERE A PHOTO SHOULD BE. I AM SLOWLY GOING BACK RELOADING THEM!

4.12.2013

Real Party/Fiesta Friday - Bug Out Party

Bug Out Party bug theme table

Yesterday,  I shared my bug party inspiration board and today's Fiesta Friday is a Bug Out Party! With spring in full swing, I was inspired to put together a fun party table to celebrate it's return. Boys seem to love bugs so this would be perfect for your budding entomologist.

I found the fun black ribbon that trims the baskets and buckets at Michael's awhile ago and it was the perfect starting point for a celebration and inspiring the color scheme. Don't you love it when the simplest things do so much? I also found napkins with pinwheels which is the starting point for another shoot...but that is for another day.

Bug Out Party bug theme party table 2

Bug Out Party fringe crepe paper placemat

Do you like the placemats? I'm a secret lover of fringe...and they are easy to make.  Just get your hands on 12 X 12 chipboard from your favorite craft place, fringe strips of crepe paper and you are set.


 Bug Out Party side table view

Check out my giant plastic bugs...a score from the science kit section of Jo-Ann's.  They make a great addition to the party and can be kept for future events or sent home with guests.  Did you catch I added a few to acrylic boxes for a specimen look?

Bug Out party theme paper straw

You know I love my paper straws...they add a festive touch to any party.  I dressed them up with a nibbled leaf, using a large heart punch on green cardstock, then trimming the heart in half.  A hole puncher makes perfect 'bites'. You can also turn them into placecards by adding the guest's name.

Bug Out Party bug theme party favor

You know I love my party favors, sending guests home with a smile is one of my favorite parts. I filled Garnish pint boxes with an awesome giant gummi bug from Dollar Tree and tucked in ceramic bugs and paint palettes from Party City.

Bug Out Party bug theme flower cookies

I'm very sad Keebler discontinued their Bug Bites graham crackers. Anna's Ginger Thins look just like flowers...so it was a nice replacement.

Bug Out Party bug theme gummi butterflies

Bug Out Party bug theme candy topper

Bug Out Party bug theme cupcake toppers 2

I never tire making these bug toppers using the template from Hello,Cupcake!. And have I mentioned lately how much I love my new cake pedestals?

Bug Out Party bug theme caterpillar grapes

Grape caterpillars (or garden snakes?) are a must!  I threaded mine onto baker's twine with a plastic needle. Normally, I would just use wooden skewers but this time I wanted a more natural look.  I think the candy eyes give them a shocked 'please don't eat me' look.

Bug Out Party bug theme butterfly sandwiches

Watch out, ants are invading our picnic! Why serve boring sandwiches when you can transform them  by cutting the bread into fun shapes with a cookie cutter!

Hope you have been bug inspired!!

These boy party ideas were also featured on Spaceships and Laser Beams.

3 comments:

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you are entering a giveaway, if you don't have an email available in your profile, please leave it in your comment.