Fiesta Friday - Mother's Day Tea Party Inspiration

Can you believe that Mother's Day is next Sunday?I'm always excited about Mother's Day since my birthday always falls near or on it. This year it's the Saturday before and I'm having a tea party! I've never had my own, but have been to countless ones so I'm really excited this year.  Would you like to see some of the things inspiring me? Of course you would.

river bridge macaron card invite Mother's Day Tea

First up, my invitations.  Because I roll like that, I have two invitations...the original idea started with these lovely macaron cards from river & bridge.  I added the vellum overlay since I refuse to try and run them through my printer.  That's just asking for trouble.

Mother's Day tea party invite

But then the guest list starting growing and I needed to send out more.  I found this amazing black + ivory laser cut jacket invitation set from Mari Mi (BTW how much do I love their site?) and also added a vellum overlay with washi tape. Again, running precut cardstock through my printer is never an option.  It can be a sketchy piece of equipment.

Did I contradict myself by using store bought ones? Nope...the moral of the story? Don't be afraid to make store bought invitations your own! Add ribbon, glittah, brads, stickers, the works. Shh...the little one's robot party invitations were on crazy clearance.  With all the other handmade items for his upcoming party, I just don't have the time.

So back to the post...check out these inspired tea party ideas that I'm all in love with like...

Mother's Day tea party candles

...turning teacups into candles with Martha.

Mother's Day tea party little girl's

Perfect anytime for your little princess, a pretty vintage tea party from Sweet Muffin Suite.

Mother's Day tea party doily wrapped favors

Wrap small candy or cookie bars in doilies for a sweet sendoff from Ruffled.

Mother's Day tea party tea bag cookies

Munchkin Madness' tea bag cookies will be making an appearance.


I don't know what I love more about 100 Layer Cake's featured spring tea party...the location? The gorgeous florals? The signature cocktail? Too much love!

Mother's Day tea party Minted

Every party needs a rosette backdrop like Minted's.  I am as we speak, folding them like cray-cray for my own wall.  Isn't 'cray' like the best word evah? It describes me to a T. Anyways, you totally know this if you've been following me on Instagram because I'm always sharing party sneak peeks.


I love my color palette, peach, dusty rose, mint and navy. Stay tuned for more peeks and the full party coming soon.

Need more Mother's Day Tea Party inspiration? Check out my Today's Mama post.

Labels: , , , , , ,