Pineapple Upside Down Mini Bundt Cakes


Pineapple Upside Down Mini Bundt Cakes


My Mother's Day/Birthday Tea Party was a huge success and I'm going to eventually share those photos.  One of my favorite parts were the Pineapple Upside Down Mini Bundt cakes I...wait for it...made myself!

I love Pineapple Upside Down cake, it's one of my specialties. But it's not great for tea parties...the lack of daintiness and all.  But mini Bundts topped with Lucky Leaf®'s pineapple topping...perfect!

And they are so easy to make with a 12 cavity mini Bundt pan. Mine is a Wilton pan, 40% off with a craft store coupon. Spray it well with cooking spray that has flour.  Yes, my baking tip to you to getting shaped cake out of pans.


I tweak the recipe from the box...and it makes about 24 mini Bundts

cake recipe:
1 pkg Duncan Hines® Moist Deluxe® Pineapple Supreme Cake Mix
1 (3.4 oz) pkg vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
4 large eggs
1 cup pineapple juice from a can of sliced pineapples
1/2 cup applesauce

garnish:
1 21-ounce can LUCKY LEAF® Premium Pineapple Pie Filling
powdered sugar

1. Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, pineapple juice and applesauce in a large mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes

2. Fill the Bundt cavities about half way and bake at 350 ºF for about 10 minutes.  Let them cool in the pan for  8 minutes, then invert on a wax-paper covered plate.  The tops are moist and will stick otherwise.

3.  Once they are completely cooled, set each cake on a mini doily and use a flour sifter to sprinkle powered sugar over them. Spoon a small amount of the pineapple apple over the top.  You don't need to fill the 'dent', just a little dollop will do.

If you are so inclined, you can add a half a maraschino cherry on top.

FYI, obsessed with my new pan.  Be prepared to see lots of mini Bundt creations in my future...it started with last year's Eyes-On-You Bites and has been renewed.

Labels: , , ,