DEAR READERS AND NEW VISITORS....MY BLOG IS HAVING A FEW TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES,THE CIRCLE WITH THE DASH WHERE A PHOTO SHOULD BE. I AM SLOWLY GOING BACK RELOADING THEM!

5.28.2013

Real Party/Tuesday Tip - Bling Baby Shower Table + Oriental Trading Company Review

This review is based strictly on my opinion. Others may have a different opinion or experience with the product listed. I was provided the sample free of charge by the company or PR agency and I provided my honest opinion. No other type of compensation was received for this review.

So...the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) updated its guidelines about disclosures. You can read the full, updated set of guidelines here. If you want to read about it in English and you are a blogger of any kind, check out Location3's post.

I've always titled my review posts and ended them with a disclaimer, but this is no longer enough.  From this post forward, all of my product reviews will now begin with this disclosure and followed with my usual disclaimer at the end of the review.  I didn't want you all freaking with all the new jargon...you'll also see little disclaimer blips on my social outlets as well.

Alright, now that is done, let's get to the party.  So remember the Cupcake Couture blog party and the zebra cupcake wrappers I styled for a Bling Baby Shower?  Of course you do, it was just last week.  I turned it into a full fledged party table thanks to Oriental Trading Company. When they contacted me to review some of their products, I was more than game.  I've been shopping with them for years, so it was a no-brainer.

bling baby shower invite

Every party needs a cute invite so I created one that in my mind, I see in an envelope filled with glittah. Did you like my The Land Of Nod shoutout?  I love that place and I've had friends registered there.  I want a do-over for myself.

bling baby shower table

I love working on baby showers and this was the perfect way to take a walk on the wild side with bright colors and bold prints, and of course lots of bling! Who said baby showers have to be pastel colors? Although I did have a few light pink tissue fans for good measure.

I ordered the zebra dessert plates, pennant banner, mini popcorn boxes and diamond napkin rings from Oriental Trading to round out what I already have.

bling baby shower table wide shot

And don't worry...no crazy baking here...except for the cupcakes.

bling baby shower table oreos

bling baby shower table popcorn boxes

bling baby shower table donuts

bling baby shower table rock candy stirrers

I also used the free printables  from the cupcake set for flags on the rock candy stirrers.  I love that you can get rock candy sticks in every color you need at Party City.  And my pretty silver tray?  One of my recent scores at Scout Vintage Rentals' pop up shop this past weekend.  And if you look closer....

...you will see the perfume bottle that I also picked up. I absolutely love it and wish she had more.  I know...I've been on a serious prop kick lately...I have wooden spools and a vintage toy stove that are begging to be shot.

bling baby shower table napkin rings

I have to say, my favorite part are the diamond napkin rings. They are very durable and sparkly, you would think they were the real thing. Well, almost. I don't break out the cloth napkins very often but with new rings, I feel they will be making many future appearances.

And hey, hey, no grease spots on the popcorn boxes.  I'm not sure how long it would take though...the moment the camera turned off, my boys were swooping in for the kill.

I thought the pennants was reversible on both patterns, stripes on one side, dots on the other, but only the stripes is double-sided...my only gripe.

Did you have fun? Do your eyeballs hurt from all the brightness? Sorry...but I hope you've been inspired!

Vendors
zebra dessert plates, pennant banner, mini popcorn boxes and diamond napkin rings - Oriental Trading Company
'congrats' and chevron washi tape - Downtown Tape
wooden sticks - CupKate's Event Design
zebra masks - Michael's
pink cocktail napkins and zebra coasters (forever ago) - Social Couture

Disclaimer - I was provided product from Oriental Trading for review and no compensation was given, real or implied. This review is my own personal opinion.

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Dawn and can be adapted to lots of other parties. Sending you a virtual high five and two snaps in a circle!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you are entering a giveaway, if you don't have an email available in your profile, please leave it in your comment.