Tuesday Tip - Blue Cotton Custom T-Shirt Review

When we went to DisneyWorld a few years ago, of course we needed the requisite matching family shirts.  Alas, with the trip being a surprise planned by my husband, there was no time to order them, so I made ours  with iron-on sheets.  They were aight...but I wish we could have had real shirts.

During my research on the off-chance I would be able to find someone with an affordable turnaround time (no.) I came across Blue Cotton.  Flash forward to now and when they reached out for me to review their products, I was more than game.  They specialize in custom t-shirts and unlike other spots, you can order as many as you need, from 1 to 100. Or I guess 1,000 if you need that many.

As some of you may know, I juggle being a full-time graphic design student along with the hundred other things I do. This quarter, I'm in a portfolio class and must create a branding scheme for my future business.  I figured this would be a perfect opportunity to create a t-shirt that would work as a promotional item, something I could leave when I finish an interview and that my future staff would wearing working an event.



The beauty of Blue Cotton's online ordering is the simplicity.  The Design Studio is the brains of the operation and all you have to do is point and click. See the left hand menu? You can create a unique design or upload your own logo like I did. With orders of 6 or more you can even add sleeve print.



Move your design around, enlarge it, duplicate it, change the shirt's color, the works.  There are so many possibilities and options, you are in complete control of your shirt's design. And don't forget the back! I decided my tagline would be perfect there, but you can do whatever you want.

And check out the right hand column...it's keeping a running tab of your order, how much your pricing will be and any upgrade charges.  No surprises here, you know exactly what you are paying for.


VoilĂ ! Here's my shirt in Sapphire ready to be ordered.  And it took exactly 4 days to get to me...of course that's because I only ordered one shirt...larger orders will take a little longer.


And here it is in all it's glory with mock-ups of my business stationery. Isn't it just awesome? I totally see my little minions running around in them, setting up tables, hanging up props and bringing me lattes.


I didn't run into any problems while I was designing my shirt but if you ever need help, you can talk to a LIVE person or start a live chat. There is nothing I hate more than getting lost in The Matrix that are phone-prompts.

So if you have a reunion, company or sports event, need shirts for your summer camp or just whatever reason you need custom made t-shirts, let your fingers do the walking over to Blue Cotton.

Disclaimer - I was provided product from Blue Cotton for review and no compensation was given, real or implied. This review is my own personal opinion.

Labels: , ,