Fiesta Friday/Real Party - Starfish And Stripes: Nautical 4th Of July Tablescape

Starfish And Stripes: Nautical 4th Of July Tablescape glass centerpieces

Summer is just flying by, it's already time to celebrate the 4th.  I swear it was just Memorial Day.  I love summer entertaining and although I don't get to this holiday since we spend it at the in-laws, that doesn't mean I can't inspire your event planning.

Starfish And Stripes: Nautical 4th Of July Tablescape

I was first inspired with the cupcakes...then the inspiration board.  I didn't want something that would scream 'holiday' with flags and such, and could be used all summer long AND use pieces I could use elsewhere.  Don't you just hate items that are so specific, you never get to use them again? Pink Parisian parties anyone?


Starfish And Stripes: Nautical 4th Of July Tablescape nautical centerpieces

So I present, Starfish And Stripes, a nautical 4th Of July tablescape. Starfish and stripes, get it? Stars and stripes? Yeah, I know, I will stop now. It's the perfect summer theme and the colors are so fun to work with.

I built everything around the tablecloth, a genius find at Jo-Ann.  I went there with a very specific look and color, knowing I would focus on red, white and blue with accents of yellow, to pick up on the colors of nautical flags.

Collect all the glass vessels you can find and cluster them together filled with sand, seashells and lots of candles. Here's an awesome sand tip...get yourself a big bag of play sand from a home improvement store.  It is super cheap and you will have tons of sand, but trying to buy the little cute bags from a craft store will rack up the cha-ching.  I strain my sand through a plastic colander to get rid of all the big pebbles, and wa la!

Starfish And Stripes: Nautical 4th Of July Tablescape chowder bowl

Don't be afraid to mix and match your nice glassware and linens with paperware.  It makes for the perfect casual set up with a touch of elegance, without feeling too stuffy.

Starfish And Stripes: Nautical 4th Of July Tablescape anchor cupcakes

When I saw the anchor cupcake set at Target, my original cupcakes went right out the window, because hello, red anchors! The blue bowls? Also a Target score.

Starfish And Stripes: Nautical 4th Of July Tablescape cherry bowl

Starfish And Stripes: Nautical 4th Of July Tablescape Patriotic Punch

You need a fabulous cocktail and mine takes the form of Sweet C's Designs' Patriotic Punch. A simple and fabulously elegant concept, and it looks gorgeous in a large pitcher.

Starfish And Stripes: Nautical 4th Of July Tablescape s'mores

No summer evening is complete without making s'mores so set up a cute box of fixings for guests to enjoy later. What's inside? A bag of marshmallows, packaging up crackers in a cello bag, a candy bar and a napkin.

I hope you love all the summer entertaining inspiration with this Starfish And Stripes Nautical Tablescape.   It's all about using what you have and mixing and matching them to create an special entertaining space that your friends and family will truly love.

By Stephanie Lynn

Labels: , , , , ,