Tuesday Tip - Switching From Google Reader To Feedly

In case you missed it...Google announced that on July 1, another of their products, their blog feed reader Google Reader, is going away. I know, it's hard keeping up with all these social media changes...I'm still recovering from Picnik going away.

feedly homepage

If you are following Not Just A Mommy through Google Reader, today's Tuesday Tip is sharing how to keep receiving all of my posts. I don't want to lose any of you, my fabulous readers, after all, all I do is for you! So what do you do if you are following all of your favorite blogs in Google Reader? A little birdie pointed me towards Feedly and I think you will love it too.

I love that Feedly has an easy to use layout that's way nicer than the plain scrolling that is Google Reader. If you had your Google Reader categorized, the import setting will bring your previous categories right into Feedly.

You can look at your subscriptions in different ways from plain text....


feedly subscription magazine view

...to the magazine view...

feedly subscription card view

...and the card view.  You can also see them one full post at at a time. There are so many different options to customize. 

feedly subscription sharing to twitter

Organize your blogs, news sites, podcasts and Youtube channels and access them all in one place! Download the app and keep up with your Feedly on the go. Save articles across devices or share them on everywhere from Twitter, Facebook, even Pinterest.

I know, right? So what do you have to do to migrate your Reader subscriptions to Feedly? Just login with your Reader credentials and Feedly will pull in all of your feeds, folders, and favorited items.

Once Google Reader shuts down, Feedly says your feeds will stay intact, and they'll begin handling your feed subscriptions. Not too sure what you are doing? Here are some great tips to help you out, straight from Feedly.

Of course, there are other feed reader options out there that you can use and still follow me.  My RSS feed isn't changing so find what works for you.

Labels: , ,