Fiesta Friday/Real Party - Pop-Up Popsicle Party

This post was created in connection with my appointment as an Ambassador in the Popsicle® Blogger Program. Visit www.facebook.com/popsicle to join in on the conversation.
Pop Up Popsicle Party chalk art

As you know, it's my Summer Of Popsicle® as a one of their blog ambassadors and one of my grueling tasks was hosting a  Pop-Up Popsicle Party.  I know, me...hosting a party.  The goal, to show how Popsicle® helps make parties more fun.

Eating popsicles is an instant party in our house and apparently, since we are so well-stocked, we are providing them for half the neighborhood kids.  It's like a revolving door whenever they go out to play, "Mom, I'm having a popsicle, can I bring one for so-and-so?"

But I digress.  The weather was perfect, the friends were ready...and I present our party!

Pop Up Popsicle Party table



Pop Up Popsicle Party table side view


Pop Up Popsicle Party wood tag garland

I've been stockpiling ideas on my popsicle party Pinterest board there were so many amazing ideas I wanted to incorporate.  First and foremost, the name of the game, color! You know my stash of paper fans and honeycomb balls came in handy for the backdrop.  The letters? Clearance scores at Michael's. I wanted them to stand up, but the table wasn't even and the P kept falling over.

Remember my wood tag popsicle garland? Yup, that's it with tissue tassels....

And don't miss my newest acquisition...the clear cake stand (garage sale, $10!) filled with little plastic balls that is the table's centerpiece.


Pop Up Popsicle Party jumbo popsicle stick chandelier

The highlight of the party backdrop was the jumbo popsicle stick chandelier.  When I saw the original over on Design*Sponge, I knew I had to make one. I made it more party ready by hanging the hoops with party fringe.


Pop Up Popsicle Party popsicles

Pop Up Popsicle Party Mike & Ike table confetti

Pop Up Popsicle Party napkins & plates

I made all the tags and labels myself and check out our various Popsicle flavors, Slow Melt Mighty Minis, Airheads™ and SpongeBob Squarepants™ Pop Ups®.

Note that putting popsicles on ice, great idea.  Will they stay frozen through the party? Not so much.  Of course, they were flying out of the bowl and I kept refilling.  One was left behind, and by the end, it was just a stick.

Pop Up Popsicle Party fruit cups

Pop Up Popsicle Party snack bags

You know I always try to balance out the sweet at any of my parties so we also had snack mix (flavored popcorn and Goldfish crackers) and cups of fruit. Yes, I've been sitting on my cute skewers for awhile and couldn't wait to use them.

Pop Up Popsicle Party chalk party favors

The perfect thank yous...sidewalk chalk shaped like popsicles and other frozen treats.  The labels say thanks for 'pop'ping by!


Pop Up Popsicle Party cocktails


I couldn't let the kids have all the fun, after all, my fabulous mamas needed some too.  I loved this cocktail from The Hostess Blog and we used Airheads™. I so forgot to put the straws in but they were tasty nonetheless.


You can visit the Popsicle® Facebook page and download your own Popsicle® Party Tool Kit that includes these awesome worksheets.

Pop Up Popsicle Party chalk art 2


You are never too old for sidewalk chalk and bubbles!

Pop Up Popsicle Party photo booth with pool noodle popsicles

Our little photo booth was the perfect way to end the day...the kids loved hamming it up for the camera. It's just kraft paper and stickers on the side of the house.

I searched and I couldn't find them anywhere...but I am shocked that no one has made giant popsicles out of noodles and wooden dowels? Seriously? I just cut down pool noodles, trimmed down 3/4" wood dowels and hot-glued them in.

I hope you are inspired to throw your own Pop-Up Popsicle Party...all you need are treats, friends and the sun! Check out my Pinterest popsicle board for serious popsicle inspiration for your own get-together.

Be sure to visit the Popsicle®  Facebook page and follow the Pop-Up Popsicle Tour...their last stop is tomorrow, August 3 from 12pm-5pm at the San Francisco Zoo where they are offering family-fun summer activities, free Popsicle pops and more!  Plus, on the Facebook page you can download a coupon for $1 off 2 Popsicle® products.

Where to buy:
fruit treat cups, treat-shaped sidewalk chalk, napkins - Target
plates - Joann's
paper straws - Sweets & Treats Boutique

This post was created in connection with my appointment as an Ambassador in the Popsicle® Blogger Program. Visit www.facebook.com/popsicle to join in on the conversation.







Like what you just read? There's more where that came from...follow Not Just A Mommy on FacebookTwitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Never miss a post by signing up by email.  You can also follow the blog with Feedly.

Labels: , , , ,