Tuesday Tutorial - No Sew Bow Ties

Mr. Man 1st birthday party no sew bow ties

If you follow me on Instagram, you got a few sneak peeks at my next party, a Little Man First Birthday celebration. I'm over mustaches...I was into them like 2 years ago and now they are everywhere.  So, my focus was bow ties.

In doing research, I came across a plethora of DIY bow tie tutorials but the winner was the no-sew tutorial from Kate Anfinson Photography. I promptly ran out for material to make my own.   Although I have a sewing machine, I'm just learning the basics and still lean heavily on Mr. Glue Gun, who has seen me through many a craft and this was just up my crafting alley.

They are so easy to make and the tutorial has great pictures.  Here are mine, a fun touch to the table that could be used as photo props.  They would make cute party favors if you attached them to a hair clip for girls or a safety pin onto their shirts for boys.

I used quilting quarters just like the tutorial and had a hard time choosing the patterns...there is a serious amount out there. But you can use any material remnants you may have on hand.  My next goal is to make them with felt.   The only thing I couldn't figure out is how she didn't use hot glue on all the open edges, she only uses a dab in the creases.  I had to because the bow wouldn't hold the shape well.

Mr. Man 1st birthday party no sew bow ties invites

Now that you have mad bow tie making skills, you can make all sorts of cuteness like these invites featured on Oh So Beautiful Paper.  Who says girls have all the cuteness!

 Be sure to tune for this week's Fiesta Friday for the full reveal...and seriously, you should follow me on Instagram, I'm always sharing party projects and sneak peeks.





Like what you just read? There's more where that came from...follow Not Just A Mommy on FacebookTwitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Never miss a post by signing up by email.  You can also follow the blog with Feedly.

Labels: , ,