Easy And Fun Teacher And Classroom Gift Ideas

This review is based strictly on my opinion. Others may have a different opinion or experience with the Oriental Trading and SweetWorks products listed. I was provided the samples free of charge by the company or PR agency and I provided my honest opinion. No other type of compensation was received for this review.

classroom and teacher Christmas gift ideas

Every year, our teachers and front office staff at the little one's school wait with bated breath to what I will be gracing them with for Christmas. Seriously, it's hard work one-upping yourself every year.  Thanks to Pinterest, SweetWorks and Oriental Trading, the hardest part now is choosing what I have time to create.


teacher Christmas gift idea with Oriental Trading

As part of the Oriental Trading Blogger Community program, I had the chance to try out a few of their new to market products.  I thought it would be fun to use some for our teacher's Christmas gift.  Our teachers work so hard and I wanted to put together something I knew she would use and love.  I chose the scratch off reward cardsnote cards from your teacher, and Folk Art green chalkboard paint.


The reward cards are too clever...you can fill in the reward, then cover it with the scratch off sticker. Your students (or child) can now scratch it off to reveal their prize.

The note cards are a fun way to send a little thank you or note of encouragement.  I've been using note cards for years,  slipping them into my boys' lunchboxes to let them know I love them and hope they are having a great day. I know...mushiness squared...but it is the little things that can make anyone's day.

classroom and teacher Christmas gift ideas Folk Art green chalkboard paint

I found the wood ornament tag at our local craft store and knew it would do awesome double duty as a gift tag and ornament once I painted it.


So...I have a gripe with my paint.  The label says 'green' but it does not look anything green. I stirred it up just in case, but it is definately not the green I remember from my school days. I think I got a 'bad' batch.  But eh...whatcha gonna do?

teacher Christmas gift idea

It did get covered in the two coats as recommended, but since my tag has the wood grain texture, I made them extra thick coats.  I added the fun details on with a chalk pen, packaged everything up with a little confetti and tied the tag on.

The blueness of the tag is still irking me, since I was going with a school theme and really wanted it to look like a chalkboard.  Aside from the color, it painted on wonderfully with a foam brush.  Bottom line, I know our teacher will love this, and that's all that really matters.

classroom Christmas gift idea with SweetWorks Sixlets and gumballs

We always bring in a little something for classmates, but we can't bring homemade treats and I'm always wracking my brain for what to do.  When SweetWorks sent me the candy for my Hoggy Holidays table, they were sweet to add in their Christmas Mix Sixlets and gumballs. Inspired by Kori's gumball favors, I made my own version. I made a quick tag, Hope You Have A BALL This Christmas, and bagged them up. Voila! Hey, when you have 26 of something to make the night before, simplicity is the name of the game.

classroom and teacher Christmas gift ideas Stovetop Simmer

Drumroll please...this year's office gifts...stovetop simmer spice bags from Shaken Together.  With their free tags and all the innards found inexpensively in bulk, this is a great idea for everyone in your life, especially those who have food allergies.  I can't wait to make my own...it's orange peel, whole nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon sticks, so my house is going to smell a-mazing.

Bookmark this for next year to order the cards from Oriental Trading and stand out from the apple-themed gift crowd.  Seriously, your teacher already has everything imaginable.

This review is based strictly on my opinion. Others may have a different opinion or experience with the Oriental Trading and SweetWorks products listed. I was provided the samples free of charge by the company or PR agency and I provided my honest opinion. No other type of compensation was received for this review.




Like what you just read? There's more where that came from...follow Not Just A Mommy on FacebookTwitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Never miss a post by signing up by email.  You can also follow the blog with Feedly.

Labels: , , ,