Real Party - Color Of Love Valentine Table

Color Of Love Valentine party table

It's been Super Bowl craziness for the last few days and tomorrow I'm sharing a few classy game day drinks. But today I'm taking a pause to get back on the Valentine's Day train.

Have I mentioned I love Valentine's Day? This is my second holiday table, I don't know why...I'm just on a crazy party kick lately. And yes, it's not your typical pink hearts and puppies, red overload.

Color Of Love Valentine party table wide view

As with my Hoggy Holidays Christmas table, I'm trying to put a few twists on my party themes. Plus, isn't multiple party inspiration more fun? You can do a few tweaks and have the perfect rainbow party theme for St. Patrick's Day or a colorful birthday party.  I'm also work on a fun Color Of Love breakfast idea for Lucky Leaf for next week's Tuesday Tip, so stay tuned.

Color Of Love Valentine party table closeup

Putting together a tablescape can be easy with a little cleverness and even less money.  A stop to Michaels or your favorite craft store will yield almost everything here...craft paint buckets, mini easels and water color paints, plastic paint palettes and brushes. I set the scene with black butcher paper and heart stickers...see, there is some Valentine stuff here.

Color Of Love Valentine party table paint can centerpiece

My lovely friends at SweetWorks keep me well stocked; buckets filled with Celebration by Sweetworks Sixlets in red, green, royal blue, orange and shimmer white plus gumballs in red, bright pink and white make colorful statements.  You can get smaller buckets and do the same for party favors.

Color Of Love Valentine party table name cards

My original ideas needed striped wrapping paper or material and I couldn't find it ANYWHERE.  I think it was all bought up for football partying. Or referee shirts. There was no time for online ordering...I broke my own cardinal rule of not waiting until the last minute.  I guarantee the next time I go out, there will be stripes everywhere.

Sooo...I had to kick into Plan B with the backdrop paper I used and created the place cards to match.  It has a whole Mondrian feel...yeah I used big art words, look that up!

Color Of Love Valentine party table paint palette cupcake

I loved the idea of using (new and clean) paint palettes for young artists to create artwork with their cupcake.  Yes, I do have a ridiculous amount of sprinkles. But when you have kids coming to your house on a revolving-door basis, you better have stuff on hand to keep them busy and decorating anything with sprinkles holds the crazy at bay.

Color Of Love Valentine party table decorated cupcakes

.Ta-da! See the heart sprinkles? More Valentine stuff.  I know...I stretched that a bit. Again, Plan A fell through but let it be a lesson, don't wait until the last minute for party planning.  But that's OK, I hope you are still inspired to think a little out of the Valentine party box and have a little fun this holiday.


Need more colorful inspiration? Be sure and check out my free Color of Love printables...




Like what you just read? There's more where that came from...follow Not Just A Mommy on FacebookTwitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Never miss a post by signing up by email.  You can also follow the blog with Feedly.

Labels: , ,