Cinco De Mayo DIY Piñata Placemats And Lanterns

Disclaimer - This is a post for Oriental Trading as part of their Blogger Community. This review is based strictly on my opinion. Others may have a different opinion or experience with the products listed. I was provided the product free of charge and I provided my honest opinion. No other type of compensation was received for this review.


Cinco de Mayo DIY pinata lanterns

The one party I have never hosted is a Cinco De Mayo party; with traditional Mexican dishes, free-flowing margaritas, and festive decorations, you would think I would host one every year.  With next week devoted to Summer Fiesta Party Hop, it is high time I did a fiesta of my own.  Today is a sneak peek at two of the projects I did for tomorrow's Fiesta Friday, a Cinco De Mayo Party.


Cinco de Mayo DIY pinata lanterns how to

Oriental Trading sent me a box full of goodies to play with.  First up, I turned their white 10" square lanterns into piñata lanterns, by fringing strips of crepe paper and gluing them on.  It comes in a pack of 3 lanterns and although you won't be wacking these anytime soon, but how fun are they?  They are a perfect addition to hang over your party table or space.


Cinco de Mayo DIY pinata placemats

The fringe didn't stop there...a couple of years ago for my Bug Out Party, I made fringed placemats that looked like grass.  And I though to myself, 'self, change the colors and it looks like a piñata.' So I did...same concept...I made these fun placemats with fringed crepe paper glued to 12 X 12 sheets of cardboard.

Tune in tomorrow for the full party reveal!

Disclaimer - This is a post for Oriental Trading as part of their Blogger Community. This review is based strictly on my opinion. Others may have a different opinion or experience with the products listed. I was provided the product free of charge and I provided my honest opinion. No other type of compensation was received for this review.




Like what you just read? There's more where that came from...follow Not Just A Mommy on FacebookTwitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Never miss a post by signing up by email.  You can also follow the blog with Feedly.

Labels: , ,